Supplier Quality Engineer (SQA)
Performance et support
Ingénieur & Cadre
Performance et support
Ingénieur & Cadre
Twinsburg, Ohio, ETATS-UNIS
CDI, Temps complet
Supérieure à 5 ans
Description de la mission
The Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer role is to assure the quality of the articles and services purchased while maintaining supplier compliance to all Safran requirements.
This person will be responsible for promoting best practices and continuous improvements among suppliers through effective investigation, evaluation, and feedback of supplier compliance issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Management and Investigation of supplier non-conformances and manage supplier through containment, root cause investigation, preventative actions and verified closure in a timely manner.
- • Manage all supplier non-conformities through Safran SP2 system capturing supplier responses, 5 Why and 8D evidence.
- • Ensure suppliers are compliant and qualified to meet the current versions of Safran quality requirements using the maturity / process audits and Compliance Matrices.
- • Plan and implement the appropriate monitoring actions at the suppliers' (system, products, processes and industrialisation) as and when necessary.
- • Ensure corrective and preventive actions have been effectively implemented internally at the supplier.
- • Approve supplier waiver requests and mitigate risks between supplier and manufacturing engineering.
- • Work closely with Supplier Performance Management (SPM) team to ensure identified systemic quality issues are reflected in appropriate risk analysis, supplier improvement plans and appropriate surveillance levels agreed and maintained.
- • Quality representative responsible for ensuring that all new/ potential suppliers are assessed against the relevant selection procedures and fully meet the standards required by Safran.
- • Ensure that new/potential suppliers have the necessary skills and measuring equipment competencies to provide Safran with conforming products.
- • Provide the necessary data to enable passing on non-quality costs to the suppliers.
- • Represent supplier quality assurance in investigation reporting of supplier non conformances i.e. QRQC etc.
- • Ensure the industrialisation process takes place in compliance with the procedures in force, contributing to industrialisation launch, meetings, and formal reviews.
- • Resolve any supplier limitations
- • Ensure that FAI (First Article Inspection) report elements of the PVI are formally reviewed and that anomalies are resolved with the suppliers in a timely manner.
- • Represent quality in the industrial validation process (PVI) that ends with the Final Article Inspection.
- • Other related duties may be assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- •Bachelors degree in Engineering or related area of business
- •A Minimum of 5 year's experience in a related position
- •Trained / Qualified Auditor
- •Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- •This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- •Be self motivated, and practice effective time management skills.
- •Ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) and work with others both internally, externally, and with other Safran sites
- •Assertive and capable of defining and managing priorities
- •Work urgently and thoroughly to prevent line stoppages
- •Able to escalate issues in the correct manner.
- •Aerospace experience of working with Quality Standards AS9100D / AS9102
- •Demonstrated ability with quality and continuous improvement tools (Process FMEA, Risk analysis, Causal analysis, 8D, SPC etc.)
- •Ability to propose detailed objectives and execute monitoring plans.
- •Proficient in use of MS Office software and SAP
- •Strong technical background in manufacturing, ideally aerospace or automotive.
- •Solid understanding of a variety of quality measurement equipment, Micrometer, Vernier's, Shadowgraph, CMM etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- •While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- •The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- •While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places and is frequently exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and could be subjected to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold and vibration.
Spécificités du poste
Ability to travel both internationally & domestically for workshops and training as needed.
Entité de rattachement
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de la propulsion et des équipements aéronautiques, de l'espace et de la défense. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie plus de 58 000 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 16,5 milliards d'euros en 2017. Safran est une société cotée sur Euronext Paris et fait partie des indices CAC 40 et Euro Stoxx 50.
En février 2018, Safran a pris le contrôle de Zodiac Aerospace, élargissant ainsi son périmètre d'activités dans le domaine des équipements et systèmes aéronautiques. Zodiac Aerospace emploie environ 32 500 collaborateurs et a réalisé un chiffre d'affaires annuel de 5,1 milliards d'euros au 31 août 2017.
Safran est classé dans le Top 100 Global Innovators de Thomson Reuters ainsi que dans le palmarès « Happy at work » des sociétés où il fait bon vivre. Le Groupe est en 4ème position du classement Universum des entreprises préférées des jeunes ingénieurs en France.
Safran Electrical & Power est l'un des leaders mondiaux des systèmes électriques aéronautiques, numéro 1 sur le câblage et numéro 2 sur les systèmes électriques. Ac