Supply Chain Lead, Research and Development
Performance et support
Ingénieur & Cadre
Performance et support
Ingénieur & Cadre
Pitstone, Angleterre, ROYAUME-UNI
CDI, Temps complet
Description de la mission
The Supply Chain Lead Research & Development will be accountable for the development and delivery of effective supply chains for future projects within the emerging electric propulsion systems marketplace. The role holder will play a key role developing and implementing a supply chain to support these new productions from concept, through prototyping and into production.
- • Strong interfaces and partnership working with Operations, Engineering Design, Business Development on behalf of supply chain to deliver new technologies into the business
- • Responsible to develop the Capex strategy and management for new projects
- • Responsible for Supply chains for research and future markets for example propulsion motors
- • Lead the Purchasing activities to support these projects using matrix and dedicated resource as appropriate
- • Develop all DFx strategies for product development
- • Reporting out to Programme Management, SLT and EVP as necessary
- • Will manage the project support structure by either leveraging the purchasing matrix organisation or with dedicated resource as appropriate
- • Innovates with new technologies
- • Interface with internal stakeholders to interpret the technology strategy and drive actions to realise that within the supply chain
- • Research and implement the supply chain strategy to support this including setting up contractual flow downs to suppliers
- • Take concept design and work closely with internal stakeholders and external supply chain to develop how the product can be made to meet customer and business needs and develop the most appropriate cost model
- • Support Business Development to bid on these new concepts with the customer
- • Report out on sourcing contribution to Project/Programme/SLT/Divisional leadership
- • Ensure prototype and initial production parts are available on time to the programme schedule, realising opportunities to compress lead times and reduce time to market
- • Coordinate with suppliers and engineering to detail designs that are capable of being manufactured effectively to the desired volumes
- • Work with all key stakeholders to ensure the prototype meets customer and business needs from a supply chain perspective
- • Work closely with SAM organisation to formalise contractual terms for identified supply chain and begin handover of process to production
- • Provide a clear focus on industrialisation ensuring the design process is robust
- • Champions deployment of new techniques to revolutionise ways of working with our supply chain, quality and operations teams including industrialisation in respect of these products
- • Monitor and manage supply chain schedule and escalations to ensure delivery in accordance with programme milestones and transition the product into OE production at Prompt Gate 6
- • Ensure that all customer related obligations are understood and complied with
- • Development of qualified supply chains to ensure future project success
- • Negotiate pricing aligned to the project needs through DVI, Qualification and production phases
- • Direct commodity and industrialisation teams for best supplier selection and contractual flow down
- • Negotiate with identified external supply chain and ensure material cost drivers are understood and visible to the programme teams/ engineers
- • Lead all design to cost design for manufacture and design for quality activities in order to achieve the expected product cost is achieved by the extended supply chain
- • Responsible for delivery of the ‘should cost' for the product and execution to deliver it, supply chain is responsible for ~ 80% of the finished product cost
- • Ensures design for manufacture, cost and quality are incorporated at all stages of development and product design ensuring robust products can be manufactured to support these new markets
- • Influence key stakeholders and drive change management to adjust mindset for new capabilities and higher volume production than legacy product lines
- • Strong purchasing and negotiation skills and good commercial awareness
- • Demonstrated Project management and planning skills
- • Experience of having worked within a New Programme environment. Ideally with a complex and varied workload
- • Ability to understand and interpret Technical Drawings.
- • Understanding of DFM/DFA/DFX methodology
- • Ability to communicate and influence people of varying levels within the organisation.
- • Ability to report concisely and accurately.
- • Ability to understand what the real priorities are in a fast paced environment and work independently.
- • Energetic and results focused with experience of managing to agreed measures of performance and to tight deadlines
- • Ability to provide strong (indirect) leadership and direction to deliver business objectives
- • Well developed interpersonal skills, able to communicate and influence effectively at all levels and engage stakeholders
- • Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process.
Spécificités du poste
Entité de rattachement
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de l'aéronautique (propulsion, équipements et intérieurs), de l'espace et de la défense. Sa mission : contribuer durablement à un monde plus sûr, où le transport aérien devient toujours plus respectueux de l'environnement, plus confortable et plus accessible. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie 81 000 collaborateurs et occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Safran s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui préservent les priorités environnementales de sa feuille de route d'innovation technologique.
Safran est classé dans le palmarès « Happy at work » des sociétés où il fait bon vivre et le Groupe arrive en 4ème position du classement Capital des meilleurs employeurs de France.
Safran Electrical & Power est l'un des leaders mondiaux des systèmes électriques aéronautiques. La société est un acteur clé dans le domaine de l'électrification des équipements et de la propulsion électrique et hybride. Elle compte 15 000 collaborateurs répartis dans 13 pays.