Senior Specialist Engineer - Validation and Verification (Elec-Mech)
Recherche, conception et développement
Recherche, conception et développement
Pitstone, Angleterre, ROYAUME-UNI
CDI, Temps complet
Description de la mission
This role is responsible for undertaking and carrying out the following Validation and Verification (V&V) activities within the Validation and Verification team.
- • Responsible for providing a service to support engineering programmes through the V&V cycle, working with project teams, V&V Team Leaders and other V&V engineers to identify and provide plans & test solutions to meet customer requirements & Milestones.
- • Define both standard and non-standard test requirements, specifying and resourcing bespoke specialist equipment and suitable test facilities to meet project deliverables.
- • Author or approve technical documentation, including verification plans, test procedures and reports. Oversee and perform development and qualification testing of Safran products and systems ensuring accurate results and customer confidence in product design performance.
- • Co-ordinate and manage customer requirements ensuring initial project activities are performed and any potential risks are identified. Provide technical support and guidance to facilitate implementation of accurate and concise test procedures.
- • Co-ordinate and manage with Lead Engineers, Project Managers, and other colleagues in generating integrated validation and verification plans, manage and arrange test and validation programs to achieve and meet customers' demands.
- • Responsibility for guiding and supporting engineers and projects during all aspects of product development activities from providing technical documents, undertaking testing set-ups and processes to producing results and reports in line with planned timescales.
- • Responsible for ensuring V&V project activities are accurately budgeted and costs considered within the project.
- • Be prepared to work off site at customers and suppliers to assist with setups and perform testing for Safran products.
- • When required work with other Safran divisional sites in assisting and developing new product understanding and testing.
- • Work effectively and efficiently across multiple projects simultaneously.
- • Responsible for working with the project teams in determining V&V requirements, test plans and resource requirements, including equipment and personnel in order to best meet the customers specification.
- • Participate in the investigation of problems and failures that occur in Safran products during design, development or qualification testing and provide suitable advice or solutions with a view to enhancing reliability and quality.
- • Support customers and colleagues using knowledge and experience, in all technical areas and aspects of project work through the definition, design, development and qualification phases including carrying out technical peer reviews to ensure the equipment and test methods used in the validation and verification processes are suitable and safe.
- • Responsible for writing, reviewing or approving engineering documentation, maintaining technically accountability for both the content and work of others when required.
- • Carry out data analysis of tests results as requested by the projects or customer to determine trends, performance and reliability of Safran products identifying areas for improvement or risk.
- • Work with other engineers and personnel, sharing knowledge and experience to enable them to develop and gain further skills allowing a more effective level of service to be provided.
- • Implementing the V&V strategy.
- • Technical lead for Electrical and Mechanical development and qualification tests on Safran products in a safe working manner including the use of high speed drives in conjunction with electrical, electronic and mechanical equipment and analogue and digital instrumentation in an effective and efficient manner to meet project timescales.
- • Experience in an mechanical or aeronautical engineering discipline (or a relevant engineering qualification).
- • Extensive Development / certification knowledge and experience e.g. thorough understanding of all aspects of Development Engineering including Compliance Verification, Technical Risk, compilation of technical documentation, use of instrumentation.
- • Advanced knowledge of Generators, Motors, Drives and Hybrid knowledge and experience of full aircraft electrical system would be an advantage.
- • Experience in V&V activities and process of aeronautical equipment and systems (ARP4754A).
- • Knowledge and experience of requirements management and associated tools e.g. DOORS / Integrity would be an advantage.
- • Knowledge of RTCA DO-160, MIL-STD-810 and similar environmental test standards.
- • Ability to communicate clearly through written and verbal means to all levels of staff e.g. peers, Design Engineers, Maintenance Team, Senior Management, interact with other Engineering teams and the external customer.
- • Ability to analyse and resolve complex problems by devising creative and effective solutions.
- • An aptitude for working methodically and systematically in a safe manner sharing knowledge and experience with colleagues and engineers in a positive and proactive manner.
- • Ability to work within agreed timescales, follow tasks through to completion and meet program deadlines
- • Experienced in Data Acquisition Systems and Analysis tools and presentation of results.
- • Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project tools.
- • Understand the requirement for preventative maintenance and continuous improvement activities to ensure provision of an effective and reliable service.
- • Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process.
Spécificités du poste
Entité de rattachement
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de la propulsion et des équipements aéronautiques, de l'espace et de la défense. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie plus de 92 000 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 21 milliards d'euros en 2018. Safran occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Pour répondre à l'évolution des marchés, le Groupe s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui ont représenté en 2018 des dépenses d'environ 1,5 milliard d'euros.
Safran est classé dans le Top 100 Global Innovators de Thomson Reuters ainsi que dans le palmarès « Happy at work » des sociétés où il fait bon vivre. Le Groupe est en 4ème position du classement Universum des entreprises préférées des jeunes ingénieurs en France.
Safran Electrical & Power est l'un des leaders mondiaux des systèmes électriques aéronautiques. La société est un acteur clé dans le domaine de l'électrification des équipements de la propulsion électrique et hybride. Elle compte 12 400 collaborateurs répartis dans 12 pays.
Principal Validation and Verification EngineerPublié le 26/02/2020Pitstone Bucks , Royaume-Uni CDI Essais
Senior Specialist Engineer - Validation and Verification (EMC)Publié le 26/02/2020Pitstone Bucks , Royaume-Uni CDI Essais
Ingénieur électrotechnique, automatisme et régulation H/FPublié le 28/02/2020Colombes Cedex, France CDI Essais