Project Engineer 3
Architecture et Ingénierie des Systèmes
Recherche, conception et développement
Ingénieur & Cadre
Recherche, conception et développement
Ingénieur & Cadre
Huntington beach , ETATS-UNIS
CDI, Temps complet
Supérieure à 8 ans
Description de la mission
The Project Engineer 3 is responsible for the development, design, test, verification, validation, documentation, qualification, support and release of variety of complex electromechanical components and equipment with mechanical, electronics and software content. The Project Engineer 3 has extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of design and product support of aircraft equipment and systems and will be able to troubleshoot the equipment successfully and lead in failure root cause analysis. The Project Engineer 3 extends technical leadership and is able to lead a team of 3 or more engineers and effectively operate in a cross functional team with members of other departments / partners.
The Project Engineer 3 interprets customer requirements documents and relate them successfully to the design of new products to meet those requirements. The Project Engineer 3 is fluent in aircraft regulatory requirements and is able to identify improvement opportunities in the equipment to meet the ever changing needs of the customers. Responsible for the complex electro-mechanical equipment fulfilling the overall system operation, the Project Engineer 3 has attained the expert level knowledge of the project / system for which s/he is responsible and is responsible for all aspects of safety and regulatory compliance.
Summary of Duties:
- • Is responsible for the creation and execution of product strategies, product IR&D, and product life cycle management.
- • Provides technical leadership and guidance to other engineers with the capacity to mentor and train several engineering staff
- • Supports proposal activities including identifying applicable innovative technology and providing engineering resource estimation
- • Monitors project performance metrics, and provide monthly updates to his/her manager on project NRC status (ITD, EAC, variance to plan), product DTC and DTW status. Works with Program Management and Sales to manage all out-of-scope requests and assists with assertions.
- • Works independently and/or with a team composed of various disciplines including program management, sales and marketing, operations. Leads and oversees all aspects of product design life cycle including research, proposal, development and production phases.
- • Develops project and/or development plans including schedules, budgets and necessary design resources.
- • Thoroughly translates equipment specification into a work breakdown structure and product breakdown structure, equipment / component specifications, and allocate software and hardware requirements.
- • Creates, maintains and checks the lifecycle documentation for aerospace products such as equipment development plan, validation and verification plan / procedures, qualification plan / procedures. Evaluates or generates Engineering Change Requests (ECR's) as appropriate. The project engineer is responsible for the on-time release of the lifecycle documents in compliance to the program sched
- • Bachelor's degree (B.S. in Electrical or Computer Sciences) or equivalent
- • 10+ years of related experience
- • Maintains good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks from internal customers such as project engineers and system engineers.
- • Attained in depth product and competitive industry intelligence such as competitors IP activities. Being the industry leader in the subject matter
- • Possess in depth knowledge of manufacturing methods to allow “best fit” for new product development
- • Strong engineering foundation in one or more disciplines such as electrical, thermal, electromechanical, materials, structural, aerospace, and chemical fields.
- • Mature written and verbal communication skills with the ability to drive consensus to a balanced decision.
- • Possess strong work ethic with the commitment to excellence. Effective in working independently or within a cross-functional team.
- • Ability to prioritize and plan work activities. Must use time efficiently and develop realistic achievable action plans.
- • Good problem solving skills based on solid technical reasoning.
- • Experienced in product development under a regulated environment using FAA, SAE, RTCA, OEM and industry guidelines. Knowledge of RTCA-DO160 / 178 / 254 and OEM specifications.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
- • Desired leadership experience in Aerospace
- • Bachelor's degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering
Description: Senior Level within job role
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Spécificités du poste
1. Does require fluent communication in English language.
2. Employment Status may be part-time, full-time, or temporary.
3. Traveling is required.
4. Protracted or irregular hours may be required.
5. Relocation to another Safran facility may be required.
Entité de rattachement
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de l'aéronautique (propulsion, équipements et intérieurs), de l'espace et de la défense. Sa mission : contribuer durablement à un monde plus sûr, où le transport aérien devient toujours plus respectueux de l'environnement, plus confortable et plus accessible. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie 79 000 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 16,5 milliards d'euros en 2020, et occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Safran s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui préservent les priorités environnementales de sa feuille de route d'innovation technologique.
Safran est classé meilleur employeur mondial 2020 dans son secteur par le magazine Forbes.
Safran Cabin est un leader mondial de l'aménagement de cabines intégrées, de systèmes de restauration à bord et d'équipements de fret.
Design Engineer 2Publié le 05/04/2021Huntington Beach, États-Unis CDI Architecture et Ingénierie des Systèmes
Project Engineer 2Publié le 05/04/2021Huntington Beach, États-Unis CDI Architecture et Ingénierie des Systèmes
Design Engineer 3Publié le 05/04/2021Huntington Beach, États-Unis CDI Architecture et Ingénierie des Systèmes