Manufacturing Engineer II
Ingénieur & Cadre
Ingénieur & Cadre
Denton, Texas, ETATS-UNIS
CDI, Temps complet
Supérieure à 3 ans
Description de la mission
A glimpse at the job:
POWERED BY TRUST. At Safran Electrical & Power, we're all about trust: the trust employees place in the Safran Group and the trust customers place in us. We trust our employees to bring bold ideas to build the future of aerospace together. If you're looking for the opportunity to apply your talents and demonstrate your enthusiasm for the aerospace industry as we build smarter electrical solutions for a better flight, this could be the position for you!
This position contributes to our vision by:
- • May serve as primary interface with external customers;
- • Analyzes changes in customer specs in order to flow them down to manufacturing;
- • Interfaces with product engineering, manufacturing leadership, and support teams to meet business unit goals;
- • Supports standardization initiatives across business units;
- • Coordinates with engineering team to implement company engineering strategies;
- • Defines and documents material sorting and grouping to match the process sequence and aid manufacturing;
- • Resolves problems related to the manufacturing process;
- • Identifies customer contract quality requirements and ensures implementation through quality plans, inspection and test plans;
- • Improves process layout to optimize product flow;
- • Configures work station design, layout and tooling to optimize operator performance;
- • Supports material review boards, corrective action boards and cost of quality as required;
- • Develops fixtures, aids in order to implement Poke-Yoke concepts or mistake proofed processes;
- • Supports new program introductions by providing standard cost hours data or any other cost analysis required;
- • Works with Engineering and customers to propose engineering product design concepts and product design solutions that better support production requirements;
- • Designs optimum systems, procedures and work related plans to improve productivity;
- • Supports Safran Production System through manufacturing cells implementation;
- • Conducts time studies and analyzes data to establish direct labor standards;
- • Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture;
- • Regular, predictable attendance is required;
- • Other duties may be assigned
As the North American headquarters for Safran Electrical & Power, the Denton, Texas facility's diverse team works together to innovate smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. Safran is a champion of the local community and supports programs like United Way, Serve Denton, and the Denton Independent School District, among other local organizations. Safran has won many prestigious awards from our customers, including the Sikorsky Elite Supplier and the Boeing Supplier of the Year. Located in the heart of North Texas, Denton is home to two major universities and a vibrant arts and music community, and is one of the top 25 fastest growing cities in the country!
Ongoing initiatives, like ILLUMINATE: Brightening the Path for Women and our engagement action plans, have helped to create a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making Safran Electrical & Power a great place to work.
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position.
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
- • Proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel – Expert
- • Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word and PowerPoint - Advanced
- • Blueprint and schematics reading - Advanced
- • Problem Solving, root cause analysis and corrective action - Advanced
- • Ability to design layouts and fixtures to aid manufacturing (AutoCAD) - Basic
- • Knowledge of Six Sigma methodologies - Basic
- • Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles - Basic
- • Ability to prioritize to meet customer requirements – Basic
- • Ability to communicate, verbally and written, to internal and external customers – Advanced
- • Capable of managing large amounts of data and tasks – Basic
- • Ability to build strategic working relationships at all levels of the organization - Basic
- • GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) Certification is prefered.
- • Green Belt certification is preferred
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
- • Team oriented
- • Process focused
- • Open & honest communication
- • Quality minded
- • Ability to persevere and honor commitments
- • Recognizes success
- • Executes with urgency
- • Customer focused in everything we do
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail Arleya.Holmes@safrangroup.com or call: 940-272-5725. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Spécificités du poste
Possibility to travel to other Safran entities
Entité de rattachement
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de l'aéronautique (propulsion, équipements et intérieurs), de l'espace et de la défense. Sa mission : contribuer durablement à un monde plus sûr, où le transport aérien devient toujours plus respectueux de l'environnement, plus confortable et plus accessible. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie 79 000 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 16,5 milliards d'euros en 2020, et occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Safran s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui préservent les priorités environnementales de sa feuille de route d'innovation technologique.
Safran est classé meilleur employeur mondial 2020 dans son secteur par le magazine Forbes.
Safran Electrical & Power est l'un des leaders mondiaux des systèmes électriques aéronautiques. La société est un acteur clé dans le domaine de l'électrification des équipements et de la propulsion électrique et hybride. Elle compte 15 000 collaborateurs répartis dans 13 pays.