Management Accountant – Programmes & Purchasing
Finance & Gestion
Performance et support
Performance et support
Cwmbran, Angleterre, ROYAUME-UNI
CDI, Temps complet
Description de la mission
SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
- • Unique and High-end Quality products
- • Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
- • Passenger Experience Expertise
- • In-house design studio and group Synergies
- • Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
- • Bespoke capabilities
- • Co-creation abilities
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
- • 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
- • Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
- • ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
- • Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
- • Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
- • Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
- • STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
- • Free parking onsite
- • With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, subsidised canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Job Role & Responsibilities
Management Accountant – Purchasing and Programmes
To provide finance and business partnering support for Programmes and the Purchasing business area. The role will also provide support for the support functions (IT, Finance and Sales & Marketing).
1. For all business areas of responsibility provide month end accounting (inc posting month end journals) and reporting of financial performance providing analysis, understanding on variances and advice on corrective actions that could drive improvements.
2. Facilitate and ensure robust inputs from business areas for forecasts, budgets and the MTP (Mid Term Plan)
3. Working closely with the Finance Manager – Programmes & Engineering, the Management Accountant – Engineering, and the Programme Managers and Directors, to provide financial support for robust EAC reviews identifying if corrective action is required. Perform impairment reviews and reporting in accordance with internal reporting requirements.
4. Provide monthly analysis and forecasts of cost saving initiatives (cost reductions & rebates etc) for the Purchasing business area, including validation of claimed savings.
5. Monthly review & analysis of PPV accounting entries; to include review of the annual standard cost update and impact assessment v's prior year standards.
6. Promote increased financial understanding and awareness in business areas, working with the Finance team and business to develop informative and value add KPI reporting.
7. Ensure adequate financial controls are in place and maintained and act as the conscience of the business ensuring that general controls and processes are adhered to in business areas in line with best practice.
8. Provide finance support for projects within the relevant business areas as required, including the development of finance reporting systems.
9. Deputise for the Finance Manager – Programmes & Engineering as and when required.
10. Adhoc reporting & any other duties as required.
- • Building relationships with and managing internal customers and stakeholders
- • Excellent communication skills
- • Organised and Structured approach to work with the ability to prioritise
- • Strong attention to detail – role will prepare reports to be presented to senior Executives
- • Analytical mindset
- • Demonstrated ability to work to deadlines in a fast paced environment
- • Team player
- • Proactive
- • Qualified Accountant
- • Good understanding of discounted cash flow modelling and financial assessment of different business options.
- • Proficient in the use of all MS Office packages, particularly Excel and Powerpoint
- • Month end accounting, reporting and forecasting support in a cross functional environment within Industry
- • Working within a fast paced Group Company environment
- • Knowledge of BAAN ERP systems
- • Experience of working within the Manufacturing or Engineering sector and a Programmes environment
Spécificités du poste
- • Possible occasional day travel to Brackley, Northants site and / or Paris with overnight stay
Entité de rattachement
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de l'aéronautique (propulsion, équipements et intérieurs), de l'espace et de la défense. Sa mission : contribuer durablement à un monde plus sûr, où le transport aérien devient toujours plus respectueux de l'environnement, plus confortable et plus accessible. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie 79 000 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 16,5 milliards d'euros en 2020, et occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Safran s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui préservent les priorités environnementales de sa feuille de route d'innovation technologique.
Safran est classé meilleur employeur mondial 2020 dans son secteur par le magazine Forbes.
Safran Seats est un des leaders mondiaux des sièges d'avions, pour équipages et passagers. 1 million de sièges fabriqués par Safran Seats sont actuellement en service dans les flottes aériennes mondiales.