Supplier Quality Engineer
Performance et support
Ingénieur & Cadre
Performance et support
Ingénieur & Cadre
1500 glenn curtiss st. ca - 90746 carson , California, ETATS-UNIS
CDI, Temps complet
Supérieure à 5 ans
Description de la mission
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Aerosystems is a world leader in aircraft electrical distribution, inflatable safety and water and waste management systems. It is also a major supplier of oxygen systems, telemetry and communication solutions, in-flight entertainment systems or fuel systems.
The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) supports the Quality organization and acts as the primary quality interface with one or more suppliers. The individual in this position serves as a primary contact focal, facilitating supplier corrective actions and driving process improvements across the WWS site. This individual will also serve on the internal audit team assessing processes to determine adequacy and effectiveness of the existing control environment and identifying opportunities for improvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- • Provides a broad range of Quality support for achieving business objectives to include contract review, requirements dissemination and allocation, facilitating Corrective Action events and implementing process improvements.
- • As a member of the Safran and WWS Quality Team, provides full service support to operations and supply chain to drive a quality and compliance culture that exemplifies Safran's Group Values.
- • Provide Continuous Improvement coaching and development across the facility.
- • Develop detailed trend and performance analytics to prevent issues from occurring/recurring.
- • Facilitate the development and continuous improvement of the QRQC program.
- • Function as a leader, facilitator, and performer of complex Root Cause and Corrective Action initiatives using industry proven tools and techniques resulting in “Cant Fail” process improvements.
- • Support Operations, Contract, Sales, Purchasing, and Engineering in their efforts to deploy Zero Defect environments in all activities.
- • Investigate contractual and regulatory compliance requirements and assess the company's ability to perform and comply with the stated elements.
- • Perform Internal Audits in alignment with AS9100 Rev D standards
- • Generate executive level briefing packages with minimal input from leadership
- • Establish and implement regular correspondence with prime supplier to assure continuous improvement supplier satisfaction.
- • Support Repair Station Quality operations assuring compliance to FAA requirements
- • Respond to inquiries regarding product and process compliance
- • Facilitate Lean events across multiple disciplines
- • Ensure effective Records and Information management and retention
- • Actively engage in the product development states representing quality
- • Define and deploy product and process acceptance strategies and plans that maximize value and minimize risk
- • Other duties as assigned
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.
If you are applying for a job in the United States and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our Human Resources Department at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Entité de rattachement
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de l'aéronautique (propulsion, équipements et intérieurs), de l'espace et de la défense. Sa mission : contribuer durablement à un monde plus sûr, où le transport aérien devient toujours plus respectueux de l'environnement, plus confortable et plus accessible. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie 81 000 collaborateurs et occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Safran s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui préservent les priorités environnementales de sa feuille de route d'innovation technologique.
Safran est classé dans le palmarès « Happy at work » des sociétés où il fait bon vivre et le Groupe arrive en 4ème position du classement Capital des meilleurs employeurs de France.