Cost Accountant/Cost Analyst
Finance & Gestion
Performance et support
Ingénieur & Cadre
Performance et support
Ingénieur & Cadre
Carson, California, ETATS-UNIS
CDI, Temps complet
Supérieure à 3 ans
Description de la mission
The Cost Accountant/Analyst position functions as a business support person to the Business unit and financial management team. The position assists in effectively managing and controlling the local business and is responsible for business unit level costs and control including general accounting and cost accounting. The position supports month-end close and special projects as requested, and works closely with all other departments to understand issues and how they impact the financial results as well as educate/inform department(s) on cost drivers and variances. Gathers, analyzes and interprets cost and variances information. Analyzes cost accounting data and perpetual inventory to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information.
- • Analyze actual overhead cost, manufacturing variances, margin analysis against standard/budget. Research and explain variances. Report this information monthly or as needed.
- • Interact with Manager to prepare, justify, and review their cost reduction plan related to operation cost, variances, and other cost elements.
- • Key actor to implement an accountability and ownership culture
- • Prepare rolling reforecast (3 month) with latest information
- • Review the cost basis per main direct/indirect supplier, and review with support of purchasing and manager the opportunity to renegotiate rates/contract.
- • Work within the finance department to implement and apply cost accounting policies and procedures as they are derived.
- • Support the Controller's efforts for implementing and maintaining internal controls at the plant for operations, sales, engineering, and finance.
- • Aide in the development of new labor and overhead rates, budget, and forecasts.
- • Perform ad hoc product/plant cost analysis to support the operations.
- • Run queries to check and maintain accuracy of item master and manufactured orders records to ensure proper recording of cost and inventory transactions.
- • Analyze stock inventory and open manufactured orders high to low reports to ensure the accuracy of the inventory.
- • Run queries to check for unusual variances, researches, and resolves problems.
- • Analyzes large variances of closed manufactured orders before routine purge.
- • Analyzes labor hours charged to production and special manufactured orders for accuracy.
- • Audits old manufactured orders to ensure they are closed in a timely manner.
- • Analyzes exception reports for cost of sales without costs.
- • Investigates product line abnormal actual to budget contribution margin variances.
- • Audits purchase price variances and purchase quantity.
- • Analyzes monthly free stock inventory flow.
- • Prepares and analyzes month-end journal entries related to cost and inventory.
- • Analyzes monthly obsolete inventory reserve changes.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- • Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; designs work flows and procedures.
- • Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- • Interpersonal Skills - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- • Communication Skills - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- • Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- • Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- • Education and/or Experience - Bachelor's degree, Master's preferred, with a concentration in Finance, Business Administration or Accounting. 3-5 years of related experience in a cost accounting/analysis position in a manufacturing environment. BFC/M3 knowledge is a plus.
- • Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- • Mathematical Skills - Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- • Reasoning Ability - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- • Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of ADP Vantage, MS Excel, and MS Word software. Experience with Hyperion and spreadsheet server (or equivalent) reporting tools is desirable.
Spécificités du poste
Must be able to travel to US sites and internationally, as needed.
Entité de rattachement
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de l'aéronautique (propulsion, équipements et intérieurs), de l'espace et de la défense. Sa mission : contribuer durablement à un monde plus sûr, où le transport aérien devient toujours plus respectueux de l'environnement, plus confortable et plus accessible. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie 81 000 collaborateurs et occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Safran s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui préservent les priorités environnementales de sa feuille de route d'innovation technologique.
Safran est classé dans le palmarès « Happy at work » des sociétés où il fait bon vivre et le Groupe arrive en 4ème position du classement Capital des meilleurs employeurs de France.
Safran Passenger Solutions concentre son activité sur l'amélioration de l'expérience passagers en fournissant des systèmes de divertissement à bord, de climatisation de la cabine et des équipements, de gestion de l'eau et des déchets, d'éclairage ainsi que des systèmes avancés pour les avions commerciaux et d'affaires.