Senior Materials Planner
Ingénieur & Cadre
Ingénieur & Cadre
bothell, Washington, ETATS-UNIS
CDI, Temps complet
Supérieure à 5 ans
Description de la mission
Serves as a liaison between Engineering and Supply Chain Management for the review and evaluation of engineering documentation prior to and after formal drawing release. Validates Engineering material call-outs, processing techniques, suggests alternative/substitute materials, and possible in-house part availability. Provides feedback to engineering in understanding and optimizing material procurement schedules through material selection and manufacturability of all aircraft interior components.
- • Develops and maintains the Bill of Materials in the MRP system from engineering drawings to initiate purchasing requirements for all materials, purchased parts, equipment and other items necessary for the manufacture of custom aircraft interiors.
- • Reviews and evaluates engineering drawings, calculates quantities and types of material, parts, or other items required, builds and maintains the Bill of Material in the MRP system.
- • Leads planning department to support production and facilitate schedule.
- • Provides training, mentoring and coaching to new and/or less experienced staff.
- • Evaluates engineering drawings for inaccuracies in material/component specification, prior to or after formal engineering release, utilizing knowledge of basic engineering and manufacturing principles/techniques
- • Determines practicality of design, material selection, material availability, available tooling, fabrication processes, finish callouts and structure of project/program Bill of Materials (BOM).
- • Creates comprehensive listings of all material needs for program(s) in Planning BOM format for all materials and parts, from released engineering drawings, to include time phased delivery of materials which support aircraft modification/installation schedules.
- • Track engineering issues, drawing errors and provide both real-time feedback, as well as a summary report of corrections to engineering/engineering management in order to help identify drawing inaccuracies and root causes, with a goal of improving drawing accuracy.
- • Schedules material/service deliveries based on aircraft installation program modification schedules.
- • Identifies, recommends and coordinates alternate and substitute parts for cost and schedule improvement between engineering, procurement, program management and modification facilities and installation sites.
- • Prepares or authorizes preparation of purchase requisitions, utilizing the Planning BOM to establish program material requirements.
- • Reviews Engineering Advanced Material Requests, Engineering Parts Requests, and/or Preliminary Parts Lists and tracks total material requirements for each aircraft installation program.
- • Create and maintain Inventory Item main table data in Dynamics AX, ensuring accuracy of material part numbers, quantities, on-dock delivery requirements and associated AX data inputs for parts planning, procurement and inventory reconciliation activities.
- • Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and 7 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Aerospace background and aircraft interior industry experience required.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes
- • Demonstrated advanced expertise with Database software; Internet software, MRP software, Inventory and order processing systems; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- • Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- • Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- • Proven ability to read, analyze and interpret complex engineering drawings.
- • Tenured experience with the procurement of raw materials, parts, and commodities related to VIP aircraft interiors.
- • Established ability to work well independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.
- • Strong communication, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
- • Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- • Along with Planning Manager, sets the tone as a surrogate role model, trainer and mentor for Material Planners and Associate Planners.
- • Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- • Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations with regard to VIP aircraft modification work.
- • Strong knowledge of application of planning concepts, practices and procedures to program and production planning.
- • Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
- • Ability to drive continuous improvement processes and standards.
- • Ability to effectively lead a team to meet the defined objectives of each project.
- • Ability to travel as required.
- • Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
Entité de rattachement
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de l'aéronautique (propulsion, équipements et intérieurs), de l'espace et de la défense. Sa mission : contribuer durablement à un monde plus sûr, où le transport aérien devient toujours plus respectueux de l'environnement, plus confortable et plus accessible. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie 79 000 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 16,5 milliards d'euros en 2020, et occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Safran s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui préservent les priorités environnementales de sa feuille de route d'innovation technologique.
Safran est classé meilleur employeur mondial 2020 dans son secteur par le magazine Forbes.
Safran Cabin est un leader mondial de l'aménagement de cabines intégrées, de systèmes de restauration à bord et d'équipements de fret.