Associate Design Engineer
Performance et support
Performance et support
Bothell, Washington, ETATS-UNIS
CDI, Temps complet
Jeune diplômé/Première expérience
Description de la mission
The Associate Design Engineer creates and modifies detail, assembly and installation drawings using 2D and 3D Computer Aided Drawing/Design tools under the mentorship of senior design engineers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- • Creates entire documentation packages including drawings, bill of materials, material definition, trim and finish requirements, dimensions, and applicable tolerances.
- • Adheres to assigned budgets and schedules.
- • Makes revisions to size, shape and arrangement of parts to create practical design.
- • Maintains regular communication with lead engineers, senior design engineers and engineering managers on assigned duties.
- • Works closely with lead engineers to develop engineering skills and progress within the Engineering career track.
- • Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
- • Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Greenpoint Core Competencies
- • Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and accepts constructive criticism/feedback and changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- • Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts effectively in verbal and written form, exhibits good listening and comprehension, and keeps others informed and uses appropriate communication methods.
- • Dependability – Responds to requests for service and assistance, follows instruction and responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions and doing the best job possible, keeps commitments, and maintains reliable attendance.
- • Initiative – Sets and achieves challenging goals, demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles, measures self against standard of excellence, recognizes and acts on opportunities, and takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- • Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, and puts success of team above own interests.
- • Work Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, displays commitment to excellence, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
Job Core Competencies
- • Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge, exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills, keeps abreast of current developments, requires minimal supervision, displays understanding of how job relates to others, and uses resources effectively.
Bachelor's degree (B.S) in engineering required or 4 years of relevant engineering experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Aviation background and aircraft interior experience preferred.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- • Computer Aided Drafting/Design skills (AutoCAD/Inventor preferred).
- • Knowledge of industry design and documentation standards, e.g. ASME.
- • Experience in manufacturing techniques.
- • Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- • Ability to work independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.
- • Strong communication, time-management and problem-solving skills.
- • Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
- • Ability to travel as required.
- • Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
Entité de rattachement
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de l'aéronautique (propulsion, équipements et intérieurs), de l'espace et de la défense. Sa mission : contribuer durablement à un monde plus sûr, où le transport aérien devient toujours plus respectueux de l'environnement, plus confortable et plus accessible. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie 79 000 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 16,5 milliards d'euros en 2020, et occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Safran s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui préservent les priorités environnementales de sa feuille de route d'innovation technologique.
Safran est classé meilleur employeur mondial 2020 dans son secteur par le magazine Forbes.
Safran Cabin est un leader mondial de l'aménagement de cabines intégrées, de systèmes de restauration à bord et d'équipements de fret.