Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Within the scope of the Program and project management process, the role is to :
- Collect requirements and define the project methods and tools needed to manage projects. This includes the design, administration and management of these tools
- Produce the right Key Program Indicator (KPIs)to provide the right measures of performance
- Elaborate action plans with program teams to drive the right decisions in terms of performance improvements.
- Monitor financial performance, adherence to schedule and compliance of deliverable through tracking and variance reporting against budgets, schedule and deviation
- Ensure good adherence of all project teams to the project management process
- Coach / support project teams in the application of the methods and tools
- Organises the resource allocation process and provides an overall workload/capacity analysis
- The role covers program/project activities of a site or of a group of programs.
- Reports on an annual RTDI budget of between 15 to 25 M£
• Generate systematic and efficient KPIs. Propose corrective actions for the programs
• Implement program and project governance standards including tracking, monitoring and reporting on the status of project deliverables.
• Develop and maintain tools with the objective of improving project performance
• Improve the efficiency of program and project execution with a focus on harmonising and standardising processes, methods and tools
• Manage methods and tools rollout and configurations as well as their design documentation
• Provide user support and act as the interface with the IT department Implement a continuous improvement for project management methods,
• Act as a focal point in the RTDI budgetary process, collecting budgetary assumptions and supporting data
• Organises the resource allocation process and provides an overall workload/capacity analysis
• Availability of efficient Key Program Indicators (KPI)
• Project Management Process adherence by all project teams
• Robustness and relevance of corrective actions proposed
- Interface with Program manager and Leadership team in presenting KPIand proposing corrective actions
- Interface with Project, Program and work package leader for process adherence evaluation and support
- interface with Finance department
- Interface with other sites of the organisation for harmonisation of processes.
Decision Making Authority:
o Decisions on process and KPI design and improvements
o Decisions to streamline and improve the project management process and data collection, management and reporting of Key Engineering data
o Proposes corrective actions up to divisional leadership levels as a result of variance analysis of financials or other KPI . Proposes make or buy decisions in relation to new tools or obsolescence, seeking investment where necessary. Will create business case to aid decision making.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
• A Bachelor's degree in a relevant engineering discipline (or comparable experience in an aerospace or engineering environment) so that they possess a suitable level of technical understanding
• A qualification or training in Business Finance principles would be desirable
• A qualification in a Project management methodology would be desirable (e.g. PRINCE2, APM, PMP etc.)
• Hard skills :
o Project management experience, in a matrix organisation, especially in terms of planning, technical and financial aspects and risk mitigation/management
o A working knowledge of company Financial principles and processes
o A working knowledge of the product development process
o Experience in applying the Lean Sigma methodology or similar improvement tools
o Experience of developing and applying project management method and tools
o Tools : Project Management tool, Excel, Power BI, Visual Basic to Advanced level (to develop macros)
• Soft skills:
o Able to identify, challenge, influence and think about ways to resolve issues such as cost reductions, productivity and efficiency versus budget
o Able to consider ways to improve existing tools and methods and implement new and innovative solutions to improve project performance
o Organised, able to adhere to process and make decisions based on sound judgement
o Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a proven capability to influence and challenge peers and leadership. Able to engage effectively at all levels within the organization
o Stakeholder management and able to manage and negotiate with required internal and external organizations
• Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process.
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Safran es un grupo internacional de alta tecnología que opera en los sectores de la aeronáutica (propulsión, equipos e interiores), el espacio y la defensa. Su misión: contribuir de forma duradera a un mundo más seguro, en el que el transporte aéreo sea cada vez más respetuoso del medio ambiente, cómodo y accesible. Presente en todos los continentes, el Grupo emplea a 76 800 personas, con un volumen de negocios de 15 300 millones de euros en 2021. Ya sea por su cuenta como en colaboración con otras empresas, ocupa posiciones de liderazgo en sus mercados a nivel europeo y mundial. Safran está comprometido con los programas de investigación y desarrollo que preservan las prioridades ambientales de su hoja de ruta de innovación tecnológica.
La revista Forbes clasificó a Safran como el tercer mejor empleador del mundo en su sector en el año 2021.
Safran Electrical & Power es uno de los líderes mundiales en sistemas eléctricos aeronáuticos. La empresa es un actor clave en el ámbito de la electrificación de equipos y de la propulsión eléctrica e híbrida. Cuenta con 11.500 empleados repartidos en 13 países.
- © Safran