Descripción del puesto de trabajo
This role is responsible for ensuring that strategic and operational requirements of all outsourced work are identified and fulfilled by providing and managing a robust outsourcing process and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships.
Whilst the reporting line for this role is within the Engineering function, the Outsourcing Manager will support the needs of across the Business.
It will provide a single point of contact for locally & globally sourced technical and/or professional sub-contracting services, supporting both Technical and Non-Technical Work Packages and Contingency Resourcing.
This role will sit within the Engineering Leadership Team, reporting to the Deputy Head of Engineering.
- Manage all outsourcing needs in a consolidated & consistent manner
- Potentially manage a team of up to 2-3 resources
- Site annual spend on Outsourcing: £5M+
- Liaise with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Visits to other SAFRAN entities and globally-based supplier sites
- Define and develop clear Make vs Buy strategy for engineering, Head of Engineering and Pitstone Site General Manager.
- Deploy and execute the agreed strategy with service providers with a clear approach to maximise work package type of outsourcing with clear deliverables.
- Ensuring that the outsourcing strategy is aligned with the budget to ensure planned and actual spends match.
- Management of suppliers to include a robust governance structure for the purpose of recording operational performance as well as reviewing strategic direction and future opportunities across Safran Businesses and functions.
- Facilitate, monitoring and regular reporting of supplier performance metrics using methods such as site visits, program and relationship reviews to ensure all suppliers of resource or work packages are efficiently managed, offer value for money and the right quality.
- Presenting status and clear reporting of all outsourcing activities and overall effectiveness & value for money to the Head of Engineering, Pitstone Site General Manager, Senior Programme Managers and Head of Operations and Supply Chain (based on function where the outsourcing is funded from).
- Work in conjunction with the Procurement team to develop and maintain supplier contracts, including full terms and conditions to ensure local functional requirements are properly addressed.
- Support SAFRAN UK in any consolidation supplier strategy to ensure the Pitstone site benefits from any volume based agreements.
- Drive continual review to suggest improvements to the cost benefit and competency effectiveness of each supplier engagement; e.g. supplier audits, supplier consolidation.
- Create and maintain standard SoW templates with ‘how-to-complete' guidelines, roles and responsibilities to help streamline the outsourcing process for all functions which are a customer for this process – also support creation of full SOW`s for specific activities as needed.
- Outsourced tasks are delivered on time, budget and to the required quality.
- Management and administration of 3rd party resources by the business, outside of the Outsourcing team, is kept to a minimum.
- Consistent management of outsourced resources across the site.
- Regular communication to the business on Outsourcing activities.
- Adherence of outsourced resources / activities to guidelines set out by Safran.
Decision Making Authority:
- Decisions to award contracts to suppliers within agreed strategy.
- Decisions about content of Statements of Work.
- Decisions to accept / not accept supplier work package submissions.
- Decisions to fully accept deliverables, once they have been technically accepted.
- Site GM and Senior Leadership Team
- SLT First line (N-1): Agree on Outsourcing Strategies and communicate monthly.
- Safran Purchasing: Work together on SAFRAN UK wide opportunities. POC for supplier contracts and audits.
- Suppliers: Full management oversight. Communicate at all times.
- Program Management: Review/discuss program related issues and progress. Communicate weekly/fortnightly.
- HR: OpEx process owners. All employee/contractor legal issues. Communication as required.
- Export Control Manager
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
- Knowledge of business-wide processes relevant to the Pitstone site.
- Project management skills (planning, communication).
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain excellent and credible stakeholder relationships, including peers, management and customers.
- Technical experience working in aircraft, aerospace, electronics, software and/or other high tech industries. (Relevant Engineering Degree or equivalent qualification).
- Experience with successful Outsourcing within the UK, Europe and globally.
- Specific experience in managing contractor suppliers and agencies directly.
- Leadership and team management skills with a proactive and energetic style.
- Some travel requirement to visit suppliers as needed.
- Competent in using Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project tools.
- Ability to generate and maintain performance metrics and demonstrate their use to generate further improvements both internally and within our suppliers.
• Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process.
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Safran es un grupo internacional de alta tecnología que opera en los sectores de la aeronáutica (propulsión, equipos e interiores), el espacio y la defensa. Su misión: contribuir de forma duradera a un mundo más seguro, en el que el transporte aéreo sea cada vez más respetuoso del medio ambiente, cómodo y accesible. Presente en todos los continentes, el Grupo emplea a 76 800 personas, con un volumen de negocios de 15 300 millones de euros en 2021. Ya sea por su cuenta como en colaboración con otras empresas, ocupa posiciones de liderazgo en sus mercados a nivel europeo y mundial. Safran está comprometido con los programas de investigación y desarrollo que preservan las prioridades ambientales de su hoja de ruta de innovación tecnológica.
La revista Forbes clasificó a Safran como el tercer mejor empleador del mundo en su sector en el año 2021.
Safran Electrical & Power es uno de los líderes mundiales en sistemas eléctricos aeronáuticos. La empresa es un actor clave en el ámbito de la electrificación de equipos y de la propulsión eléctrica e híbrida. Cuenta con 11.500 empleados repartidos en trece países.
- © Safran