Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems and is at the forefront of contributing to safer, more sustainable aviation for current and future generations. We design, test, manufacture and assemble landing gear used on commercial aircraft including Airbus and Boeing, and UK military aircraft such as the Eurofighter Typhoon. Gloucester is home to the UK division and has been a leader of cutting edge landing gear technology for over 90 years, since the innovative designs of Sir George Dowty. YOU can be a part of our legacy …
What will I be doing?
Safran Landing Systems in Gloucester is looking for a Supply Chain Specialist to join a busy team during an exciting period of growth.
If you have previous supply chain experience gained within an engineering or manufacturing environment, then we would love to hear from you. It is essential that your experience is within raw materials such as aluminium, steel and titanium.
Reporting directly to the Procurement Manager, you will manage supplier relationships and order books ensuring business requirements are clearly recognised.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Manage a portfolio of Suppliers to ensure business requirements are met
• Supplier performance analysis, reviewing the impact of poor performance and implementing the action plan
• Participate in multisite Supplier business reviews
Work within a cross functional team to ensure successful work package transfers in the Supply Chain
• Support effective implementation of Supplier Performance strategy and initiatives
• Manage internal expectations with key Customers to ensure full customer satisfaction.
• Order book management: Analyse, process, confirm and communicate requirements to the supplier, negotiate dead-lines & quantities to meet business needs
• Maintain ERP and manage inventory
• Review and upload the supplier schedules
• Conduct regular Supplier Reviews with suppliers depending on risk and criticality
What we will give you?
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays, plus the option to buy/sell annual leave
• Annual bonus & Share scheme options
• Pension scheme (up to 8% match) and life assurance (4x salary)
• Onsite parking, including EV chargers, subsidised restaurant, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities
• Our Benefits Portal offers a number of schemes including: cycle to work, technology & retail savings, access to healthcare & wellbeing services, discounted gym memberships and more!
• Global and local career progression opportunities and training & development programmes
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Social events throughout the year, and access to Dowty Sports and Social clubs
Flexible working hours is available with this role and on a hybrid working basis too.
Safran was ranked globally as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Our employees are at the heart of our success and we work together towards Four People Fundamentals that underpin life at Safran:
• We believe in and promote diversity and inclusion as key values across our business
• We develop our colleagues skills and build opportunities so you can shape our future
• We create a trustworthy work place to support you, as you dare to act and innovate
• We encourage collaboration and mutual support for you and your colleagues
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
What do you need from me?
• Good working knowledge of ERP system (ideally SAP) and MRP2 Principles
• Experience in an Engineering or Manufacturing environment
• Computer literate in Word & Excel to include an intermediate knowledge of Excel
• Previous experience in negotiating and influencing
• Proven experience of building relationships with suppliers
• Experience in Aerospace Engineering Raw Material & Forging commodity
• Knowledge of Engineering Raw Material & forging processes
• Aerospace Engineering Raw Material Supply chain order book management
What's my next step?
Please apply by uploading a CV, and if your experience matches what we're looking for, one of our recruitment team will give you a call
Diversity & Inclusion
We want Safran Landing Systems to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran Landing Systems an inclusive place to work.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Travel within the UK and internationally will be required at times with this role.
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
Inglaterra Reino Unido