Descripción del puesto de trabajo
SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS IS THE WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT LANDING AND BRAKING SYSTEMS.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Our capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul.
We are a partner to 30 leading commercial, military, business and regional airframers, and support over 27,000 aircraft making more than 60,000 landings every day. There are also more than 7,600 employees working in locations across Europe, North America and Asia.
Join our Team
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, hybrid working, Global career opportunities and Training and Development at our dedicated Safran University to help contribute to a safer and more sustainable aviation.
As a forward-looking company, Safran Landing Systems massively invests in Research & Development. Carbon brakes, titanium parts, composite materials, additive manufacturing, more electric systems, new surface treatments, external and internal partnerships and digital transformation are all the result of this permanent innovation effort, which enables the company to develop new products that are ever more cost-efficient, better for the environment, lighter, stronger and quieter.
The Shopfloor Planner is responsible for monitoring and coordinating the availability of materials, machines and manpower in order to schedule and execute the production activities.
Responsibilities will include:
To establish the detailed schedules to meet the Master Production Schedule
- Participate to the weekly MPS meetings and support the shop commitments.
- Plan to achieve on time delivery to MPS.
- Reflect in the ERP system the Shop schedules in conjunction with the MPS team.
- Revise plans and schedules when necessary to take into consideration unforeseen changes.
- Provides delivery dates and attends delivery meetings.
- Closely monitor the production, identify the issues or risks affecting the deliveries to customer and expedite when necessary.
- Contribute to building a recovery plan when required and communicate on new proposed schedules.
To analyse the balance of the Load versus the Capacity
- Run Load & Capacity analysis for the shop on the short term.
- Work in collaboration with the Production team leaders in order to identify Capacity constraints, finite schedule bottlenecks when appropriate & assign priorities.
To analyse the MRP output and manage the Work Orders
- Review and action work order reschedule messages based on MRP recommendations and shop capacity.
- Be responsible for the complete Production Order Life Cycle, from conversion to technical completion.
- Update production orders by coordinating methods changes.
- Schedule/monitor production progress, covering operations made internally as well as operations offloaded externally.
- Maintain the production schedules in the ERP system in line with realistic plans.
- Prepare and support the Line of Balance reviews.
- Ensure the availability of Components to support the Plan.
- Coordinate the resolution of Work Order shortages (incl. Customer Service transfers).
- Issue the Work Order related paperwork to the Shop.
- Plan/Schedule Production Line Returns.
To integrate the impact of the Non-Quality into the plans and set the priorities
- Liaise with Quality regarding non-conformances and FAI's and maintain work order schedules accordingly.
- Follow-up on NCR's impacting delivery & raise rework orders as required.
To manage the Master Data into the ERP in relation with the Shop
- Ensure Materials planning data parameters are correct (order policies, safety stock level, make/buy, lead-times for manufactured parts).
- Monitor the Work Centre parameters (Queue time / efficiency / opening hours).
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
• Knowledge of Production planning fundamentals (MRP2 principles, e.g. APICS)
• Knowledge of problem solving and continuous improvement tools (LEAN)
• Familiar with ERP usage
• Knowledge of Production process flow
• Knowledge of Messier-Bugatti-Dowty's Quality System
• Ability with office software
• Communication skills
• Interpersonal skills (including working effectively with others and influencing skills)
• Adaptability (able to respond flexibly to changing circumstances, aligns own actions with the changing needs of the business)
At Safran Landing Systems, we pride ourselves on competitive flexible benefits that support our employees work/life balance enabling each person to contribute to the best of their ability.
• Hybrid Working and Flexible Working Scheme to attract and retain skilled employees that allows for the work/life balance you need
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare, house moving day, sports and social club
• Shares and profit share bonus scheme
• Development and Training at Safran University as well as Company Sponsorship
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have events running throughout the year as well as an onsite large, subsidised canteen/break area with indoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
Inglaterra Reino Unido
Safran es un grupo internacional de alta tecnología que opera en los sectores de la aeronáutica (propulsión, equipos e interiores), el espacio y la defensa. Su misión: contribuir de forma duradera a un mundo más seguro, en el que el transporte aéreo sea cada vez más respetuoso del medio ambiente, cómodo y accesible. Presente en todos los continentes, el Grupo emplea a 76 800 personas, con un volumen de negocios de 15 300 millones de euros en 2021. Ya sea por su cuenta como en colaboración con otras empresas, ocupa posiciones de liderazgo en sus mercados a nivel europeo y mundial. Safran está comprometido con los programas de investigación y desarrollo que preservan las prioridades ambientales de su hoja de ruta de innovación tecnológica.
La revista Forbes clasificó a Safran como el tercer mejor empleador del mundo en su sector en el año 2021.
Safran Landing Systems es el líder mundial en sistemas de aterrizaje y frenado de aeronaves. Safran Landing Systems es socio de más de 20 fabricantes de aviones en los sectores civil, regional, empresarial y militar, y equipa más de 27 000 aeronaves.
- © Safran