Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems and is at the forefront of contributing to safer, more sustainable aviation for current and future generations. We design, test, manufacture and assemble landing gear used on commercial aircraft including Airbus and Boeing, and UK military aircraft such as the Eurofighter Typhoon. Gloucester is home to the UK division and has been a leader of cutting edge landing gear technology for over 90 years, since the innovative designs of Sir George Dowty. YOU can be a part of our legacy…
What will I be doing?
The Senior Process Engineer will be responsible for:
- Technical support and control within the Special Process Group.
- Support the industrialization process ensuring product documentation meets quality requirement.
- Ensuring NADCAP compliance of the process areas, continuously developing procedures and practices in line with international requirements and regulations.
- Supporting Capital Expenditure Projects
- Role will be focused on Chemical Analysis, Routine Testing and quality control.
- Actively support the process areas with new developments of technology to increase quality and efficiency.
- Ensure robust Root cause corrective action on quality issues as a result of special processing.
- Ensure smooth flow of production by ensuring calibration, tooling suitability, equipment condition, tooling and documentation is up to standard.
- Interact with external suppliers and customers to support requirements of production
- Be Flexible and willing to support other Special Process Departments
- Strong interdepartmental communication between functions, representing the Special Process globally.
- The role will report directly to the Special Process Group Manager
Safran was ranked globally as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Our employees are at the heart of our success and we work together towards Four People Fundamentals that underpin life at Safran:
• We believe in and promote diversity and inclusion as key values across our business
• We develop our colleagues skills and build opportunities so you can shape our future
• We create a trustworthy work place to support you, as you dare to act and innovate
• We encourage collaboration and mutual support for you and your colleagues
What we will give you?
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays, plus the option to buy/sell annual leave
• Annual bonus & Share scheme options
• Pension scheme (up to 8% match) and life assurance (4x salary)
• Onsite parking, including EV chargers, subsidised restaurant, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities
• Our Benefits Portal offers a number of schemes including: cycle to work, technology & retail savings, access to healthcare & wellbeing services, discounted gym memberships and more!
• Global and local career progression opportunities and training & development programmes
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Social events throughout the year, and access to Dowty Sports and Social clubs
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
What do you need from me?
- Have demonstrated history of flexibility, self-motivation and willingness to learn.
- Have experience and extensive knowledge of Special Processing, including NDT, Chemical Processing, Shot Peening, Heat Treatment, HVOF and Paint.
- Have experience in a customer facing role.
- Have experience with audits, both preparation and practical.
- Have experience with problem solving and quality control and adherence
- Have excellent IT and communication skills.
- Degree Qualified or working towards qualification (or equivalent)
- Have extensive experience in continuous improvement, with a history of active involvement in process improvements / technology improvements.
- Excellent time management.
What's my next step?
Please apply by uploading a CV, and if your experience matches what we're looking for, one of our recruitment team will give you a call
Diversity & Inclusion
We want Safran Landing Systems to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential.
We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran Landing Systems an inclusive place to work.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
Inglaterra Reino Unido