Descripción del puesto de trabajo
SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS IS THE WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT LANDING AND BRAKING SYSTEMS.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Our capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul.
We are a partner to 30 leading commercial, military, business and regional airframers, and support over 27,000 aircraft making more than 60,000 landings every day. There are also more than 7,600 employees working in locations across Europe, North America and Asia.
Join our Team
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, hybrid working, Global career opportunities and Training and Development at our dedicated Safran University to help contribute to a safer and more sustainable aviation.
As a forward-looking company, Safran Landing Systems massively invests in Research & Development. Carbon brakes, titanium parts, composite materials, additive manufacturing, more electric systems, new surface treatments, external and internal partnerships and digital transformation are all the result of this permanent innovation effort, which enables the company to develop new products that are ever more cost-efficient, better for the environment, lighter, stronger and quieter.
A varied role working within the Design & Analysis Department of Safran Landing Systems UK LTD. Reporting to an Engineering Group Leader, working on analysis tasks within an IPT and support meeting deadlines for engineering analysis deliverables.
• Classical static stress and fatigue analysis
• Proficient in analysis hand calculations
• Work competently with FE tools e.g. ABAQUS
• Interfacing with other areas of the business where necessary: Chief Engineers, Programmes, Test Engineering, Manufacturing etc.
• Participate in audit reviews and present information as and when requested
• Participate in product validation
• Liaise with external suppliers, customers, airframers, regulatory bodies and other industrial organisations as required.
• Identify analysis solutions and recommend improvements or suggest alternative methods
• Review drawings, designs, concessions and repairs
• Communicate professionally & effectively with both internal & external customers and suppliers
• Comply with industry standards, regulations & qualification requirements
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
The candidate will require a minimum HNC/Degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline and have the necessary experience to be successful in the role:
• Good working knowledge of aerospace design & manufacturing processes. Landing gear experience would be advantageous.
• A good understanding of the different engineering functions
• Working experience within different engineering functions advantageous.
• Experience of static and fatigue structural analysis methods
• Ability to read & interpret engineering drawings
• Experience of working with recognised FEA and fatigue software tools
• Experience working with aerospace materials engineering properties
• Experience of working to regulatory requirements
• Experience of working in an IPT environment
• Strong communication skills and the ability to clearly present information
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
• Organised & able to work to strict deadlines
• Problem solver
At Safran Landing Systems, we pride ourselves on competitive flexible benefits that support our employees work/life balance enabling each person to contribute to the best of their ability.
• Hybrid Working and Flexible Working Scheme to attract and retain skilled employees that allows for the work/life balance you need
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare, house moving day, sports and social club
• Shares and profit share bonus scheme
• Development and Training at Safran University as well as Company Sponsorship
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have events running throughout the year as well as an onsite large, subsidised canteen/break area with indoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Safran es un grupo internacional de alta tecnología que opera en los sectores de la aeronáutica (propulsión, equipos e interiores), el espacio y la defensa. Su misión: contribuir de forma duradera a un mundo más seguro, en el que el transporte aéreo sea cada vez más respetuoso del medio ambiente, cómodo y accesible. Presente en todos los continentes, el Grupo emplea a 76 800 personas, con un volumen de negocios de 15 300 millones de euros en 2021. Ya sea por su cuenta como en colaboración con otras empresas, ocupa posiciones de liderazgo en sus mercados a nivel europeo y mundial. Safran está comprometido con los programas de investigación y desarrollo que preservan las prioridades ambientales de su hoja de ruta de innovación tecnológica.
La revista Forbes clasificó a Safran como el tercer mejor empleador del mundo en su sector en el año 2021.
Safran Landing Systems es el líder mundial en sistemas de aterrizaje y frenado de aeronaves. Safran Landing Systems es socio de más de 20 fabricantes de aviones en los sectores civil, regional, empresarial y militar, y equipa más de 27 000 aeronaves.
- © Safran