Descripción del puesto de trabajo
SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS IS THE WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT LANDING AND BRAKING SYSTEMS.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Our capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul.
We are a partner to 30 leading commercial, military, business and regional airframers, and support over 27,000 aircraft making more than 60,000 landings every day. There are also more than 7,600 employees working in locations across Europe, North America and Asia.
A motivated R&T Project Leader/Acoustic Analyst is required to join the Program Chief Engineers Office. The R&T Leader/Acoustic Analyst is responsible for the planning, cost, quality and on-time delivery of work packages within the project as well as carrying out Acoustic simulations to improve our design to low noise capabilities. You will coordinate with different functions within Safran Landing Systems, Academic Institutes to oversee various wind tunnel tests and Aircraft manufacturers on behalf of the Program Chief Engineer (PCE) in order to achieve major milestones of the project. You will be responsible for managing activities to:
• Liaise with company & industrial experts to develop our in-house simulation capabilities
• Managing all simulation and Wind Tunnel testing activities
• Manage interactions with Aircraft manufacturers
• Develop partnerships with technical experts across Safran
• Work alongside the various R&T segments & Platforms to ensure project objectives are achieved
• Develop partnerships with academia and industrial businesses
In order to achieve the above you will be coordinating all activities with internal and external shareholders of the project. You will be responsible for supporting the PCE to define objectives and associated milestones, work breakdown structures, schedules and costs on focused projects or work packages involving several functions, conduct activities using Safran Landing Systems Project Management processes and procedures. You will manage on behalf of the PCE the achievement of the objectives of the defined project.
Deputising for the PCE as delegated to liaise with other operational functions and/or suppliers for technical aspects. It is essential you liaise with all the stakeholders of the project to ensure appropriate engineering work is undertaken to support the programme and support the PCE by providing progress updates/presentations. The role is approximately 75% technical and 25% project management. Therefore, this job offers an opportunity to develop your technical expertise in Acoustics as well as technical project management.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
You should have knowledge in design processes related to the aerospace industry. You must be able to confidently write reports and present. A background in Acoustics is desirable.
Candidates should be qualified to at least Degree level (or have equivalent experience) in an engineering discipline with a minimum of 3 years experience. Ideal candidates should have previous experience in project management and or acoustics. However, training in either field will be provided. A good knowledge of relevant products and overall business processes is essential. In order to be outstanding in the role you must have excellent people management and leadership skills, be results driven, communicate proficiently, have an exceptional team work ethic and be driven to achieve demanding targets
Join our Team
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, hybrid working, Global career opportunities and Training and Development at our dedicated Safran University to help contribute to a safer and more sustainable aviation.
As a forward-looking company, Safran Landing Systems massively invests in Research & Development. Carbon brakes, titanium parts, composite materials, additive manufacturing, more electric systems, new surface treatments, external and internal partnerships and digital transformation are all the result of this permanent innovation effort, which enables the company to develop new products that are ever more cost-efficient, better for the environment, lighter, stronger and quieter.
At Safran Landing Systems, we pride ourselves on competitive flexible benefits that support our employees work/life balance enabling each person to contribute to the best of their ability.
• Hybrid Working and Flexible Working Scheme to attract and retain skilled employees that allows for the work/life balance you need
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare, house moving day, sports and social club
• Shares and profit share bonus scheme
• Development and Training at Safran University as well as Company Sponsorship
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have events running throughout the year as well as an onsite large, subsidised canteen/break area with indoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
Inglaterra Reino Unido
- © Safran