Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems and is at the forefront of contributing to safer, more sustainable aviation for current and future generations.
Our Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO) organisation partner with a range of global customers, working closely with major airlines such as British Airways, easyJet, Wizz Air, Iberia, Vueling, Air Canada, Etihad and Qatar.
What will I be doing?
• Electrical circuitry and Surface Finishing - Chromium, Nickel and Cadmium
• Prepare and mask up components during the pre-plating process
• Set up tooling, fixtures and assist in new tooling design
• Use a wide and varied range of precision measuring equipment
• Read component maintenance manuals, complex drawings and engineering layout information to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to complete repairs of parts within specified dimensions and tolerances
• Diagnose vat, electrical or tooling malfunctions to determine need for adjustment or repairs
• Adhere to COSHH and safe use of chemicals
• Operation of de-embrittlement and stress relief
• Delivery of components to next process
• Working on priorities from PAC 1
• Operation of cranes
• Working from sop's
• Understanding and mapping of CMM
• Cleaning, Masking, Heating and Waxing Components
• Calculating plating thickness and plating times
• Measuring components using internal/external micrometers/comparators/bore micrometers/verniers/elcrometers
• Monitoring line to check vats are at correct temperature and rectifiers are at correct amperage
• 5s checks
• Part marking
• Passivation & passivation 124
• Weekly maintenance tasks
• Grit blasting, strip chrome, Shot peening, strip cad & strip sermetel
Our Gloucester site is a centre of excellence, dedicated to the maintenance, repair and overhaul of landing gears and associated components for civil, military and helicopter aircraft. With over 220 employees, the team support the overhaul of more than 350 legs per year, with a dedicated team of engineers to support customers on-wing when issues emerge in service.
Our employees are at the heart of our success, as we work together for our sustainable future. There are four people fundamentals that underpin life at Safran:
• We believe in and promote diversity and inclusion as key values across our business
• We develop our colleagues skills and build opportunities so you can shape our future
• We create a trustworthy work place to support you, as you dare to act and innovate
• We encourage collaboration and mutual support for you and your colleagues
Safran Landing Systems Services offers a range of benefits to support you in and out of the workplace:
• We work a shorter day on a Friday!
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays, plus the option to buy and sell holiday
• Annual bonus & Share scheme options
• Pension scheme (up to 8% match) and life assurance (4x salary)
• Benefits portal - health and wellbeing, lifestyle, technology and self-development courses.
• On-site parking, self-service restaurant and chill-out area with games
• Involvement in STEM and community activities, inter-company sporting events and wellbeing initiatives
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
What do you need from me?
• An Engineering/Plating Apprenticeship or equivalent ideally gained in the aerospace or automotive sectors
• IMF Foundation / Technician Qualification or equivalent
• High attention to detail with strong quality awareness
• Excellent communication skills
• Good computer skills
• Good mathematical skills
• Team working ethics
• Self-managing and reliable
• Good problem solving skills
• Must be willing to train and take on board new skills
• An understanding of Lean Sigma disciplines and 5s principles
• Involvement in continuous improvement activities to reduce shop processing times and manufacturing hours
• You will be required to work shift rotations comprising of Days, Lates, Nights and when required Weekends
What's my next step?
Please apply by uploading a CV and cover letter, and if your experience matches what we're looking for, one of our recruitment team will give you a call
Diversity & Inclusion
We want Safran Landing Systems to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran Landing Systems an inclusive place to work.
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QL
Inglaterra Reino Unido