Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems and is at the forefront of contributing to safer, more sustainable aviation for current and future generations. We design, test, manufacture and assemble landing gear used on commercial aircraft including Airbus and Boeing, and UK military aircraft such as the Eurofighter Typhoon. Gloucester is home to the UK division and has been a leader of cutting edge of landing gear technology for over 90 years, since the innovative designs of Sir George Dowty. YOU can be a part of our legacy …
What will I be doing?
Safran Lading Systems in Gloucester is looking for an Assembly Fitter. You will assemble and test Airbus Single Aisle family nose and forestay, and main gears and side stays, with quality being at a high level, ensuring FOD compliance and completion of relevant documentation.
You will have the opportunity to work on Continuous improvement activities, improving the quality and efficiency of both the assembly and test of the units.
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, hybrid working, Global career opportunities and Training and Development at our dedicated Safran University to help contribute to a safer and more sustainable aviation.
As a forward-looking company, Safran Landing Systems massively invests in Research & Development.
What we will give you?
• Excellent shift premiums
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays, plus the option to buy/sell annual leave
• Profit sharing annual bonus
• Our Shares scheme
• Pension scheme (up to 8% match)
• Onsite parking, including EV chargers, subsidised restaurant, Costa, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities
• Our Benefits Portal offers a number of schemes including: cycle to work, technology & retail savings, access to healthcare & wellbeing services, discounted gym memberships and more!
• Global and local career progression opportunities and training & development programmes
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Social events throughout the year, and access to Dowty Sports and Social clubs
Shift work will be required on a 4-shift, 4 week rotation.
This will include :
• Nightshift – Premium payment - 38.5% of salary
• Bridging shift - Premium payment - 39.75% of
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
What do you need from me?
You'll have previous fitting experience, ideally in an Aerospace/Automotive environment, experience and understanding of working to specifications and procedures and awareness of COSHH.
You will be self-motivated, flexible and be able to contribute fully to improvement activities.
• Must have completed a full engineering apprenticeship
• Ability to follow and understand technical drawings, specs, procedures, Test instructions
• To learn, understand and embrace the basic principles of production flow lines / takt times
• Assembly and completion of associated production acceptance testing
• Knowledge of flow line methodologies is advantageous
What's my next step?
Please apply by uploading a CV, and if your experience matches what we're looking for, one of our recruitment team will give you a call
Diversity & Inclusion
We want Safran Landing Systems to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential.
We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran Landing Systems an inclusive place to work.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
Inglaterra Reino Unido
- Los mapas están disponibles bajo la licencia Open Database Licence.
- © OpenStreetMap contributors.
- © Cyril Abad / CAPA Pictures / Safran