Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Safran Landing Systems in Gloucester is offering a challenging but exciting opportunity to join our Manufacturing Engineering team. This department is central within the production organisation and responsible for producing robust quality products in line with customer expectations.
With significant emphasis given to the modernisation of equipment and systems in line with the ‘Digital Strategy', this is an exciting time to join the team. With processes becoming data driven, you will play a pivotal role in gathering and utilising appropriate data to help drive production efficiency gains into our processes whilst improving manufacturing robustness.
As a Manufacturing Inspection Engineer, you will be working at a competent level with sound knowledge and understanding of inspection techniques. With a number of technical and project-based opportunities available, you could be exposed to a diverse and varied workload, such as commissioning of new assets & digital tools, refining existing production methods, or programming and industrialising new production parts.
To support your activities, you will be working closely with other functional departments, particularly Production, Quality and Engineering, to ensure robust techniques and controls are put in place that satisfy the Certification and Industrialisation requirements.
You will work within a Manufacturing Engineering team and report to the respective team leader / manager.
Key aspects of this job include the following:
• Support new product introduction and new production operations; ensuring adherence to the PPAP process.
• Produce the required inspection control plans and subsequent inspection Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) programs to support new derivative and existing projects.
• Produce APQP & PPAP documentation.
• Participate in design and industrialisation reviews throughout each phase of the product introduction process; implementing improvement suggestions as required.
• Lead projects for process improvements and cost reduction through lean manufacturing. Focusing on product quality, labor / assets efficiency and production lead-time.
• Support utilisation and deployment of new systems and tools in line with the company's ‘Digital Strategy'.
• Support investigations / Root Cause Analysis for any defective part and implementing the corrective actions.
• Assist with commissioning of new production assets.
• Generate Salvage & Rectification layouts for any non-conforming parts and ensure corrective actions are implemented.
• Present on progress of projects to the team, ensuring achievements are shared with the wider community and internal management.
• Organise and manage review meetings with peers and shop floor personnel as required to support business and departmental objectives.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
You will need a comprehensive knowledge of Inspection compounded by the following:
• HNC / HND level in related Engineering discipline is essential.
• Degree level in related Engineering discipline would be desirable.
• Experienced in both programming and operation of Coordinate Measuring Machines. (Modus desirable, CAMIO Studio and Virtual DMIS advantageous).
• Knowledge of CATIA V5 or equivalent CAD software.
• Sound knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing, along with Functional Tolerancing & Annotation of 2D & 3D Model Based Definition. To ASMEY14.5 2009 & ISO1011 2004 standards.
• Proficient user of Microsoft office suite.
• Lean experience (Green Belt preferable).
• Motivated to develop and learn new skills.
• Be innovative and creative with regards to problem solving.
• Able to pursue and deliver objectives with minimal direction.
• Work effectively within allocated teams (cross-functional and inter-departmental).
• Strong organisational skills, with the ability to communicate at various levels within the business.
• to write technical reports, clearlo a safer and more sustainable aviation.
As a forward-looking company, Safran Landing Systems massively invests in Research & Development. Carbon brakes, titanium parts, composite materials, additive manufacturing, more electric systems, new surface treatments, external and internal partnerships and digital transformation are all the result of this permanent innovation effort, which enables the company to develop new products that are ever more cost-efficient, better for the environment, lighter, stronger and quieter.
At Safran Landing Systems, we pride ourselves on competitive flexible benefits that support our employees work/life balance enabling each person to contribute to the best of their ability.
• Hybrid Working and Flexible Working Scheme to attract and retain skilled employees that allows for the work/life balance you need
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare, house moving day, sports and social club
• Shares and profit share bonus scheme
• Development and Training at Safran University as well as Company Sponsorship
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have events running throughout the year as well as an onsite large, subsidised canteen/break area with indoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Occasional travel will be required
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
Inglaterra Reino Unido
Safran es un grupo internacional de alta tecnología que opera en los sectores de la aeronáutica (propulsión, equipos e interiores), el espacio y la defensa. Su misión: contribuir de forma duradera a un mundo más seguro, en el que el transporte aéreo sea cada vez más respetuoso del medio ambiente, cómodo y accesible. Presente en todos los continentes, el Grupo emplea a 76 800 personas, con un volumen de negocios de 15 300 millones de euros en 2021. Ya sea por su cuenta como en colaboración con otras empresas, ocupa posiciones de liderazgo en sus mercados a nivel europeo y mundial. Safran está comprometido con los programas de investigación y desarrollo que preservan las prioridades ambientales de su hoja de ruta de innovación tecnológica.
La revista Forbes clasificó a Safran como el tercer mejor empleador del mundo en su sector en el año 2021.
Safran Landing Systems es el líder mundial en sistemas de aterrizaje y frenado de aeronaves. Safran Landing Systems es socio de más de 20 fabricantes de aviones en los sectores civil, regional, empresarial y militar, y equipa más de 27 000 aeronaves.
- © Safran