Descripción del puesto de trabajo
SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS IS THE WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT LANDING AND BRAKING SYSTEMS.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Our capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul.
We are a partner to 30 leading commercial, military, business and regional airframers, and support over 27,000 aircraft making more than 60,000 landings every day. There are also more than 7,600 employees working in locations across Europe, North America and Asia.
Join our Team
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, hybrid working, Global career opportunities and Training and Development at our dedicated Safran University to help contribute to a safer and more sustainable aviation.
As a forward-looking company, Safran Landing Systems massively invests in Research & Development. Carbon brakes, titanium parts, composite materials, additive manufacturing, more electric systems, new surface treatments, external and internal partnerships and digital transformation are all the result of this permanent innovation effort, which enables the company to develop new products that are ever more cost-efficient, better for the environment, lighter, stronger and quieter.
Maintain all site infrastructure and systems to ensure they are performing as expected meeting site requirements completing installation, repairs and maintenance of site mechanical services. The successful applicant is expected to work on HVAC and steam heating systems, compressed air, water and trade effluent systems along with general site maintenance activities.
• Design, measure and install pipe installations to a high standard.
• Maintain HVAC systems.
• Safely isolate steam & condensate, compressed air and water.
• Fault find on mechanical services.
• Modify, replace or repair work on mechanical services.
• Servicing of mechanical equipment and installations.
• Installation and repair of general fixtures and fittings.
• Furniture/equipment relocations.
• Welfare facility maintenance (e.g. maintain, repair, replace and unblocking).
• Minor crane and lifting equipment repairs.
• Regular equipment and plant inspections.
• Health and Safety General Planned Inspections (GPI).
• Penstock valve inspections.
• Replacement of extraction roof filters and wash-down.
• Stock control.
• Spill response and to be chemically aware.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
• Time served mechanical apprenticeship, equivalent qualifications or experience.
• HVAC qualification from either City & Guilds, BESA or LCL Awards.
• Knowledge of mechanical services, hydraulic and pneumatic principles.
• Pipe fitting skills, potentially including steam, compressed air and water.
• Knowledge on steam systems desirable.
• Able to read mechanical drawings.
• Forklift truck operation desirable.
• Mobile Elevated Working Platform (MEWP) license desirable.
• Problem solving skills.
• Analytical skills.
• Teamwork with all members of the team and other trades.
• Interpersonal skills (involving working effectively with others, consistent with the company's values)
• Communication skills
• Leadership skills
• Flexible, with a “can-do” attitude
• A willingness to upskill to fulfil desirable technical competencies
At Safran Landing Systems, we pride ourselves on competitive flexible benefits that support our employees work/life balance enabling each person to contribute to the best of their ability.
• Hybrid Working and Flexible Working Scheme to attract and retain skilled employees that allows for the work/life balance you need
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare, house moving day, sports and social club
• Shares and profit share bonus scheme
• Development and Training at Safran University as well as Company Sponsorship
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have events running throughout the year as well as an onsite large, subsidised canteen/break area with indoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Safran es un grupo internacional de alta tecnología que opera en los sectores de la aeronáutica (propulsión, equipos e interiores), el espacio y la defensa. Su misión: contribuir de forma duradera a un mundo más seguro, en el que el transporte aéreo sea cada vez más respetuoso del medio ambiente, cómodo y accesible. Presente en todos los continentes, el Grupo emplea a 76 800 personas, con un volumen de negocios de 15 300 millones de euros en 2021. Ya sea por su cuenta como en colaboración con otras empresas, ocupa posiciones de liderazgo en sus mercados a nivel europeo y mundial. Safran está comprometido con los programas de investigación y desarrollo que preservan las prioridades ambientales de su hoja de ruta de innovación tecnológica.
La revista Forbes clasificó a Safran como el tercer mejor empleador del mundo en su sector en el año 2021.
Safran Landing Systems es el líder mundial en sistemas de aterrizaje y frenado de aeronaves. Safran Landing Systems es socio de más de 20 fabricantes de aviones en los sectores civil, regional, empresarial y militar, y equipa más de 27 000 aeronaves.
- © Safran