Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Job Title CNC Machinist
Salary £33,483-£37,839+ (details below)
Location Gloucester, UK
Salary Training rate of £33,483 in order to complete your NVQ level 3 qualification, fully funded by us. Entry rate for current NVQ level 3 holders of £35,787 rising to £37,839 upon successful completion of company training plan + Shift allowances and overtime opportunities.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems and is at the forefront of contributing to safer, more sustainable aviation for current and future generations. We design, test, manufacture and assemble landing gear used on commercial aircraft including Airbus and Boeing, and UK military aircraft such as the Eurofighter Typhoon.
Gloucester is home to the UK division and has been a leader of cutting edge of landing gear technology for over 90 years, since the innovative designs of Sir George Dowty. YOU can be a part of our legacy…
What will I be doing?
This is a great opportunity to work in a strong team environment using your skills & experience as a machinist.
There will be opportunities to:
• Use a diverse scope of different machinery
• Manufacture Civil & Military Aircraft components
• Full training available to the hard working & motivated candidate
• Shift work available to enhance your earning potential
• Great opportunity to advance within the business
• Safe, clean, friendly & enjoyable working environment.
Roles as follows:
• Large Twin Pallet 5 Axis machining centres
• Large Mill Turn Lathes
• CNC & Conventional Grinding machines
• CNC & Conventional Turning
• Conventional Jig Mill / Jig Borer
Your main responsibilities will be:
• To carry out different machining operations on CNC & Conventional machines according to drawings, procedures and specifications
• To train and work in a Large Machine shop on various machines and be involved in continuous improvement and optimise work processes
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
What do you need from me?
• Ideally you will have completed a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship or NVQ in Machining. If you do not have a level 3 qualification, we will support you to complete an NVQ Level 3 once you start.
• Previous experience on CNC and Conventional machines with an understanding of machining principles
• Ability to read production drawings
• Understand and Primarily Operate CNC Control systems
• Mill turning techniques
• Set and Run various CNC Machines & conventional machines.
• Be able to set own tools
• Understanding of Lean manufacturing techniques
What we will give you?
• Excellent shift premiums
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays, plus the option to buy/sell annual leave
• Profit sharing annual bonus
• Our Shares scheme
• Pension scheme (up to 8% match)
• Onsite parking, including EV chargers, subsidised restaurant, Costa, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities
• Our Benefits Portal offers a number of schemes including: cycle to work, technology & retail savings, access to healthcare & wellbeing services, discounted gym memberships and more!
• Global and local career progression opportunities and training & development programmes
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Social events throughout the year, and access to Dowty Sports and Social clubs
What's my next step?
Please apply by uploading a CV and cover letter, and if your experience matches what we're looking for, one of our recruitment team will give you a call.
Diversity & Inclusion
We want Safran Landing Systems to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran Landing Systems an inclusive place to work.
Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Shift work will be required on a 4-shift, 4 week rotation.
This will include :
• Nightshift – Premium payment - 38.5% of salary
• Bridging shift - Premium payment - 39.75% of salary
• Weekend shift - Premium payment – 59.02% of salary
• You may also be required to work a 5th shift – Premium Payment – 48.7% of salary
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
Inglaterra Reino Unido