Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Based in Gloucester, Safran UK operates the UK Shared Service Centre, providing key services to all Safran's UK businesses - including transactional finance, indirect procurement, HR, tax and international mobility management.
12 month FTC
What will I be doing?
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
• The Category Manager is responsible for coordinating purchases for one or more purchasing commodities:
o Drafting, acquiring validation and deploying the targeted purchasing policies for one or more commodities in accordance with the needs and objectives of the internal customers (contracting customers)
o Guaranteeing the attainment of objectives within your scope in terms of gains and service level expected by Safran
o In the case of a group mandate, coordinating actions with the concerned buyers of the other companies
• Lead Communication about the purchasing policies under your responsibility
• Act as key contact for your category at SUK
• Work collaboratively within the Purchasing Team to understand and support business strategy.
• Define purchasing strategies for the assigned categories.
• Implement the supplier tendering and selection process
• Negotiate and draw up contracts with the selected supplier(s)
• Manage the supplier relationship:
o Validate the definition of the chosen solution
o Steer the supplier improvement action plans (improving operational performance, reducing costs)
o Consolidate supplier assessments (quality, logistics, purchasing)
o Ensure compliance with contractual and legal obligations of all parties and internal standards at Safran
o Keep purchase data up to date
o Pro-actively deal with disputes
o Manage and pro-actively support the development of customer needs
o Promote best practice in all relations with your suppliers
• Ensure that the procurement budget is compiled with, within your scope
• Comply with the purchase process: PAC, CCF, contractualisation, performance management, etc.
With more than 76,800 employees, in 276 locations across 27 countries, we're a global leader in the Aerospace, Defence and Space industries.
Safran was ranked globally as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes Magazine in 2021.
Our employees are at the heart of our success and we work together towards Four People Fundamentals that underpin life at Safran:
• We believe in and promote diversity and inclusion as key values across our business
• We develop our colleagues skills and build opportunities so you can shape our future
• We create a trustworthy work place to support you, as you dare to act and innovate
• We encourage collaboration and mutual support for you and your colleagues
As a valued member of our team, these are just a few of the benefits you'll receive:
Starting following probation* or after 12 months**
• Pension Scheme*: Employer contributes 9%, employee 0%. If employee puts 5% employer 10%
• Company Workwear*
• Life Assurance* x 4 salary
• Gym & Spa Discounts*
• Eye Care*
• Cycle2Work Scheme*
• PEGI Shares**
• Annual Leave Purchase Scheme**
• Health Cash plan or PHI subject to role**
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
What do you need from me?
• Knowledge of purchasing methodologies and process
• Proficiency in written and spoken English
• Strong numerical skills.
• Highly organised, structured approach and able to work using own initiative.
• Focused and task oriented; with resilience to complete a task in full.
• Good communication, listening and negotiation abilities
• Knowledge of the technical environment within which Safran operates
• Knowledge of industrial and purchasing policies Legal knowledge (contract)
• Knowledge of Lean-Sigma tools
• Previous experience within a purchasing team using; purchasing information systems
• CIPS qualifications at Level 4+ (or willingness to complete)
• Educated to Degree Level - Preferably in a Business field. (or equivalent)
• Project management qualification and experience
• Previous customer service training qualification
What is my next step?
Please apply by uploading a CV and cover letter, and if your experience matches what we are looking for, one of our recruitment team will give you a call
Diversity & Inclusion
We want Safran UK to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We are committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran UK an inclusive place to work.
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Substantial travel across UK sites and potential supplier sites may be required on an adhoc basis.
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
Inglaterra Reino Unido