Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Safran Landing Systems in Gloucester is offering the challenging, but exciting opportunity to join our Engineering department as part of a Degree Apprenticeship programme to become an Aerospace Engineer.
As an Aerospace Engineer you will focus on all aspects related to the full lifecycle of systems and products and experience all Engineering departments at Safran Landing systems.
• design, develop, specify, analyse, test, validate and modify design solutions to satisfy Customer requirements and In-Service Operations.
• comply with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements.
• use and interpret engineering data and documentation such as engineering drawings, reports and computer generated models.
As part of the apprenticeship you will gain understanding of:
• the applicable regulatory and quality requirements as the systems and products mature through their development, qualification and In-Service phases
• the engineering process & practices covering: mechanical/electrical/electronic/systems, design and stress analysis eg computer aided engineering techniques, systems design, integration & test, in-service and through product life support, advanced manufacturing, aerospace quality and governance
• analytical methods (engineering mathematics – algebra, differentiation, function, geometry,
• aeronautical sciences – stress, strain, static and dynamic systems, motion, force, electrical
power and resistance, mass and weight
• material sciences – selection and application, structures, properties and analytical testing
The programme follows a structured Level 6 apprenticeship including a BEng hons Aerospace Engineering degree.
This qualification is based on national occupational standards requiring you to demonstrate both engineering skills and knowledge, with the ability to organise work and identify and prevent problems.
In the first year you will be in full time education at a college where the relevant qualification units will be delivered and assessed.
As part of your apprenticeship you will achieve:
• Level 4 and 5 Diploma in Aerospace and Aviation (Foundation Competence) and Diploma in Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing (Development Competence)
• Level 6 Bachelor Honours Degree (BEng) Stipulated by the employer and accredited by an Engineering Council licenced Professional Engineering Institution.
In years 2-5 you will be working directly in the company and provided with specific training relating to the business. You will continue day release at University to complete your degree.
All of this experience will give you many of the requirements to become a Chartered Engineer.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
You will have a keen interest in science, engineering and aerospace plus be able to
demonstrate a methodical and thorough approach to work.
The role of apprentice will require you to be a confident communicator with strong
interpersonal skills and excellent problem solving abilities. You will need to be a motivated, hard-working individual with excellent planning and organisational skills. The ability to effectively work as part of a team and on your own will be key to your success.
Successful candidates will need to have achieved, or expect to achieve must achieve English and Maths at level 2 (GCSE grade A* - C or equivalent and at least 3 A-levels including Maths, one Science or technology
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
Inglaterra Reino Unido