Descripción del puesto de trabajo
In order to develop and expand the capabilities of SAFRAN Engineering Services in the UK, an Stress Engineer vacancy is open to support developments of Aerospace Cabin interior activities
o Responsible for inspecting the CAD data received from designers prior to the
creation of meshing.
o Independently meshing the components using Altair tools and responsible for the quality checks defined per internal design validation guidelines for meshing
o Will set up the model for static and quasi static for loading conditions using Altair tools.
o Analyse the test data to implement proper engineering approach into the FE model for further improvements.
o Implement analytical approach and establish correlation with actual test data.
o Perform FEA on detail parts and assemblies to verify compliance with structural and occupant injury criteria.
o Perform necessary linear/non-linear static analysis.
o Perform Pre and Post processing.
o Validate model and establish correlation.
o Comply with company and certification procedures
o Document all design validation work and maintain database.
o Ensures quality of model, analysis and on time completion.
o Provides status and schedule updates to department head and other appropriate entities on a regular basis.
o Answer any query from the customer on the deliverables
o Ensure the customer satisfaction.
o Attend Technical meetings with customer and with SES partners.
o Ensure the good communication between the customer stakeholders and the Safran Engineering Services teams.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
Degree level or equivalent in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering.
5 Years of Experience in Aeronautical domain.
- Must be pro-active, flexible, an effective team player and above all else a confident communicator
- Be able to manage and track their own work load (and that of others if managing off shore resource) and be able to work without the need of guidelines and processes
- Must have an understanding of and be comfortable with carrying out linear and non-linear static stress analysis
- Must be proficient in the use of the Altair HyperWorks software suite, specifically HyperMesh and HyperView with a strong familiarity with Optistruct and/or Msc Nastran preferable
- Use of HyperCrash and Radioss for dynamic/crash analysis is a bonus
- Must be proficient in carrying out hand calculations using classical stress analysis methods
- Knowledge of interiors would be very helpful
- Knowledge of composites (particularly sandwich panel construction) would be helpful
- Must have a strong background in basic structural engineering such as free body diagrams and strength of materials.
- Must have broad understanding of finite element analysis and fatigue methods.
- Must have FEA experience using Altair HyperWorks suite or ANSYS. Experience with NASTRAN or ABAQUS is preferred.
- Knowledge of stochastic/statistical tools (DOE) and Optimization tools is preferred.
- Knowledge of composites is preferred.
- Knowledge of seats modelling is preferred
- Knowledge of topology along with weight and shape optimization using Opti-Struct is preferred.
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude.
- Must be detail oriented and have sound engineering judgment.
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Must be able to communicate efficiently in writing and verbally.
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment.
- Must be able to generate technical reports.
- Must be willing to perform tests and some physical work at the test laboratory, as required.
- Basic CATIA skill is preferred.
- Familiarity with FAA regulations, Boeing/Airbus specifications is preferred.
- Drawing reading and understanding
- Damage Allowable mapping creation
- Configuration management
- Aeronautical knowledge in mechanical stress calculation and design knowledge.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio, Acrobat.
- Knowledge in Patran/Nastran/Abaqus/ANSYS (or equivalent FEM software), Catia
- Ability to work effectively within an integrated project team
- Customer focused/Able to establish credibility with internal and external customers
- Team oriented, self-motivated and willing to take responsibility
- Able to work to tight, demanding deadlines and customer demands
- Good written and oral Communication skills
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Availabilty to commute or relocate near job location
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
Gales Reino Unido
- © Safran