Descripción del puesto de trabajo
SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
With over one million seats equipping the fleets of the major airlines, Safran Seats is one of the world's leading suppliers of seating for passengers, crews and helicopters thanks to innovative and high added-value solutions
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design. Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
- Unique and High-end Quality products
- Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
- Passenger Experience Expertise
- In-house design studio and group Synergies
- Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
- Bespoke capabilities
- Co-creation abilities
Job Role & Responsibilities (Hybrid working available for this role)
Vice President Quality and Risk Management
What does being the VP of Quality mean to us at Safran? You will be an integral member of the SGB Executive team and be responsible for the direction and leadership of the Quality Function (40 personnel) with 3 direct reports. We are looking for someone who has experience with regular interaction with customers/suppliers and someone that interacts cross-functionally on all Quality performance matters.
Reporting directly to the Safran Seats GB (SGB) CEO, with a functional report to the Safran Seats Executive Vice-President of Quality, Purchasing and Transformation. This Role is responsible for the implementation of an effective Quality Management System, the conformity of delivered products and services to Customers', regulatory and Safran requirements. More generally, to support the Customers' satisfaction improvement plans regarding Quality performance.
This Role is also responsible for the implementation and development of effective Risk Management, Crisis Management, Business Continuity and Export Control for SGB.
Below are some of the key areas this role will include;
• Responsibility and ownership of the Quality Management System definition and communication within SGB, working with all sites to create a common system which meets the requirements of AS9100, EASA/CAA Part 21G, 21J and EASA & CAA 145 (including FAA &TCCA), in addition to customer specific requirements
• Provide effective leadership to deploy the business vision, specific smart objectives and KPI's across SGB for all aspects of Quality performance to drive continuous improvement in areas including, but not limited to, Cost of Non-Quality, Supplier Performance, Process Adherence (through effective audit implementation).
• Champion the One Safran approach for SGB and be responsible for ensuring the consistent application and maturity across all Processes applicable to SGB. In addition, as Business Process Owner for QUA and Business Process Manager for GOV you will be responsible for ensuring adherence to process and driving continuous improvement.
• You will have a key role in customer management for all quality matters including responsibility for the resolution of customer, supplier, and internal quality issues, ensuring the effective completion and implementation of corrective and preventive actions throughout the company as required
• Manage any customer and OEM complaints, liability, root cause analysis and eradication of the issue by managing internal 8Ds
• Manage customer and OEN NCR / issue resolution interface
• Manage the notifications of escapes and resolution lead times
• Negotiate new program specifications Quality plans and visual acceptance
• Manage the interface between SGB, customer for source inspection
Supplier Quality Management
• Assuring that the supply chain is compliant with rules and regulations, customer specifications, the industry standards and the company Quality Management System
• Assuring global governance for suppliers in accordance with Safran Group procedures
• Assuring robustness of manufacturing processes to produce parts and products in compliance with customer specifications
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
SGB Executive Team
• Operating as an integral member of the Executive Team responsible for delivering financial and business results, and maximising commercial potential
• Developing and delivering the SGB strategic plan to ensure delivery of short term – medium goals and longer term sustainable improvements
• Utilise different leadership styles to deliver high levels of engagement across the business to enable us to reach out goals
• Manage the economical parameters of activity in conformity within the budget and mid term plan
• Responsible for health and safety in the function and across SGB
Candidate's skills and requirements:
• Degree level or equivalent in an Engineering / Manufacturing related discipline.
• Lean / 6 Sigma knowledge and general improvement tools
• Experience in aerospace (or similar) quality processes and procedures including QRQC and APQP
• In-depth knowledge of Aerospace Regulations eg EASA, UK CAA, FAA, AS9100 etc
• Experience in Risk Management
• Experience of dealing with regulatory authorities
• Quality and production experience
• Competent in MS packages
• Problem solving skills (including 8D, 5 whys)
• Strong leadership. Capacity to manage managers (and to keep on developing the leadership skills expected from quality managers).
Competencies & behaviors
• Strong communicator, both written and verbal. Able to communicate effectively with the different stakeholders (internal & external) at all levels.
• Change agent and team player; develops a vision and creates the conditions for success by motivating his / her team and the other colleagues and leveraging their strengths. Strong capacity to contribute to a teamwork with his/her peers.
• Demonstrated leadership ability in managing people and situations
• Strong analytical skills enabling complex issues to be rapidly understood and explained in simple terms to others, and a range of potential solutions to be developed
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• Bonus up to 20%
• Car allowance included
• Private Healthcare
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Travel may be required to other Safran sites (UK / International)
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Gales Reino Unido
- © Safran