Descripción del puesto de trabajo
SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design. Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
The role of a Test Engineer is to work within the cyclic and static test laboratories of the Test and Development department at SSGB's Cwmbran test facility. Carry out cyclic reliability, abusive, and FAR/CS 25.561 static testing on new and existing products as they are developed within the business.
Key Responsibilities & Duties;
• Manages self and liaises with senior members of the test and development department to ensure tasks are completed to requirements on time.
• Conduct and document cyclic reliability, abusive, and static (showing compliance to FAR/CS 25.561 where applicable) tests for SSGB's aircraft interior products.
• Review and understand test plans provided by other company departments.
• Design and construct suitable static test set-ups to carry out the tests detailed therein; requiring consideration of the strength of the test article and the test set-up.
• Design and construct suitable cyclic test apparatus to automate the repeated function of complex manual and powered systems through the use of PLC programming, actuators, sensors, and switches etc.
• Monitor, record, and process test data using the appropriate instrumentation and data acquisition systems.
• Support other test engineers and Head of Test as required.
• Discuss and review test set-ups / deviations with visiting ARs and test witnesses.
• Has a working knowledge of the systems used by the Safran Seats GB Test and Development department
• Liaise with test requestors and provide feedback on test plans improvements.
• Identify test set-up issues and assist in recommending improvements and alternate solutions.
• Liaise with respective Design, Certification, and Stress departments as required.
• Liaise with external suppliers, and other industrial organisations as required.
• Assist in the improvement of department processes, methods, and manuals.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
Understanding of testing requirements of Safran Seat products.
Working knowledge of aerospace industry standard static and cyclic test methods
Aware of standard root case analysis technique (e.g. 8D/Ishikawa).
Organisational and planning skills with ability to manage and meet deadlines and work effectively with different functions and levels of responsibility.
Experience of working to industry standards and codes. Knowledge of Part 25 (EASA/FAA) and Boeing / Airbus specifications. Knowledge of ACs, ARPs and Aerospace Standards.
Review, interpret and implement static and cyclic test plans to defined requirements.
Good understanding of mechanical structures and load paths.
Working knowledge of Pneumatic & Hydraulic systems.
Able to prepare and review concise technical reports, and manipulate spreadsheet data.
Experience in utilisation and calibration of various types of test instrumentation.
PLC programming experience (e.g. CX programmer / Omron).
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Rare travel nationally and internationally
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Gales Reino Unido
- © Safran