Descripción del puesto de trabajo
SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
Reporting to the Commodity Manager, the Junior Strategic Buyer will support the Purchasing function by creating Request for Quotation (RFQ) packages of work, obtaining technical data such as drawings and models, identifying cost reduction opportunities in addition to other activities.
Key Responsibilities & Duties;
• Creation of RFQ packages
• Downloading technical data
• Review and approval of technical drawings
• Management of technical queries with Engineering
• Update of ERP system
• Report population
• Creation and management of department KPI's / Metrics
• General support to Purchasing team
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
5 GCSE's (or equivalent) including Maths and English, A-C grade preferred
Read and understand engineering drawings
Demonstrable experience in problem solving techniques
Ability to communicate at all levels
Able to work on own initiative
Ability to establish good working relationships across departments and with supplier representatives at all levels
Energetic and enthusiastic approach to work
Strong team player
Computer literate with MS Office Software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), MS Outlook
Flexible work approach in order to support the Business needs
Resilient and determined
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Potential travel requirements (UK / International)
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Inglaterra Reino Unido
- © Safran