Descripción del puesto de trabajo
SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
An experienced Senior Embedded Systems Development Engineer to manage the supplier development of embedded systems. To be responsible for the end-to-end sub-system integration including controllers, network hubs, peripherals and harnesses starting from system requirements to testing for quality and environmental suitability. The objective is to development, integrate and mature embedded systems and modules for industrialisation and certification upon commercial aircraft.
• Determine user requirements, author technical requirements, design, develop, review and test embedded hardware and software associated with equipment for aircraft cabin applications.
• Analysing and enhancing efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources.
• Ensure full coverage of requirements in Hardware, Software, Mechanical Design and in environmental field to achieve DO-160 compliance.
• Selects new parts, taking into consideration certification requirements, obsolescence, availability and cost.
• Design and contribute to supplier design of electronic systems, develop, code, test and debug system software
• Review and challenge the supplier for all definitions proposed (Hardware design & components choice, software design, software architecture, mechanical design and technical choices)
• Organize regular technical reviews in Hardware, Software, Mechanical Design and Product Integration.
• Be accountable of any technical negotiations (technical design & implementation, planning, costing and recurring-non-recurring costs) in relationship with projects
• Review and challenge the supplier for all validation plan, set-up and reports proposed
• Review and challenge the supplier software and hardware design
• Ensure the deliveries are in line and technical requirements comply with project milestones
• Ensure the maturity of each Hardware/Software components including hardware release, software release, bug fixing and product development and maintenance tools)
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
• Strong knowledge of Analogue and Digital Design including microprocessors/microcontrollers, programmable logic, embedded firmware/software, PCB design and design for EMC, Schematic capture.
Experience in designing for manufacture and industrialization.
Experienced in preparing test procedure and reports to validate the performance and verify the design of embedded electronic systems.
Experience in the certification of electrical equipment.
• Experience in the development and test of networking systems (CAN, RS-485, Ethernet, SPI, UART etc.)
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Safran es un grupo internacional de alta tecnología que opera en los sectores de la aeronáutica (propulsión, equipos e interiores), el espacio y la defensa. Su misión: contribuir de forma duradera a un mundo más seguro, en el que el transporte aéreo sea cada vez más respetuoso del medio ambiente, cómodo y accesible. Presente en todos los continentes, el Grupo emplea a 76 800 personas, con un volumen de negocios de 15 300 millones de euros en 2021. Ya sea por su cuenta como en colaboración con otras empresas, ocupa posiciones de liderazgo en sus mercados a nivel europeo y mundial. Safran está comprometido con los programas de investigación y desarrollo que preservan las prioridades ambientales de su hoja de ruta de innovación tecnológica.
La revista Forbes clasificó a Safran como el tercer mejor empleador del mundo en su sector en elH19 año 2021.
Safran Seats es uno de los líderes mundiales de los asientos de aviones, para tripulaciones y pasajeros. 1 millón de asientos fabricados por Safran Seats están actualmente en servicio en las flotas aéreas mundiales.
- © Safran