Descripción del puesto de trabajo
SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
The purpose of this role is to assure the quality of products, throughout the product lifecycle with Safran Seats GB. These individuals will support the product lifecycle quality assurance, through the complete manufacturing process, and take responsibility for ensuring that processes and procedures are in place and adhered to in relation to product quality.
The purpose of this Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer role is to support the roll-out of new programmes as well as develop and implement product standards for use between internal quality and external supply chain.
• Support Material Review Board with internal Functions to ensure all non-conforming reports are completed fully and accurately for the supplier
• Drive Supplier Corrective Actions / 8D Reports through to closure.
• Ensure effectiveness of the Supplier Corrective Actions / 8D Reports.
• Develop Product Control Plans in line with our Quality Requirements (PQS)
• Complete the ‘Supplier Liability' NCR's with the agreed disposition and action as required.
• Carry out External Supplier Evaluation for Production Product Verification (PPV).
• Protect customers from non-quality, by ensuring that products and practices comply with regulations, customer requirements and Safran standards and promoting a culture of prevention and anticipation
• Drive continuous improvement, by capitalizing on factual data and feedback and providing the necessary support for all company functions
• Manage Action Trackers to ensure issues are closed through the PPV / Product Buy Off Phase.
• Take responsibility for Procurement / Product Support (Supplier Technical Issues).
• Manage filing system of supplier information in line with Quality System requirements.
• Generate supplier quality performance reports and actions to reduce PPM measure.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
Auditor trained to AS9100
Lean / 6 Sigma knowledge and general improvement tools
Mechanical / Electrical Engineering knowledge
8 D report writing
Internal Auditor AS9100 trained
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Safran es un grupo internacional de alta tecnología que opera en los sectores de la aeronáutica (propulsión, equipos e interiores), el espacio y la defensa. Su misión: contribuir de forma duradera a un mundo más seguro, en el que el transporte aéreo sea cada vez más respetuoso del medio ambiente, cómodo y accesible. Presente en todos los continentes, el Grupo emplea a 76 800 personas, con un volumen de negocios de 15 300 millones de euros en 2021. Ya sea por su cuenta como en colaboración con otras empresas, ocupa posiciones de liderazgo en sus mercados a nivel europeo y mundial. Safran está comprometido con los programas de investigación y desarrollo que preservan las prioridades ambientales de su hoja de ruta de innovación tecnológica.
La revista Forbes clasificó a Safran como el tercer mejor empleador del mundo en su sector en elH19 año 2021.
Safran Seats es uno de los líderes mundiales de los asientos de aviones, para tripulaciones y pasajeros. 1 millón de asientos fabricados por Safran Seats están actualmente en servicio en las flotas aéreas mundiales.
- © Safran