Descripción del puesto de trabajo
SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
The role of Manufacturing Engineer will involve improving the process of producing high quality goods efficiently using the most cost-effective methods and with the aim of reducing the impact of production on the environment. The role will involve supporting all assembly operations on day to day activities. Liaising with design, SQA industrialisation departments to deliver customer programs on time and to a high quality standard. You will sit within a team
comprising of an Operations Manufacturing Engineering Lead and manufacturing engineers.
Tasks & Responsibilities;
• Provide Engineering Support to the Assembly lines
• Design new systems, equipment and processes for the introduction of new products or the
improvement of existing ones
• Facilitate Problem solving activities
• Eliminating non-value adding activities
• Maintain Bill of Materials within the ERP system
• Review engineering drawings and process ECR's
• Manage operations Configuration tracker
• Support production readiness reviews
• Assist with ergonomic workshops
• Raising necessary documentation to incorporate change.
• Support Operations departments with Operator training and development
• Implement 5S and safety standards
• Keep up to date with current and developing trends in the manufacturing industry
• Undertake other reasonable duties, in line with business needs and objectives
Your work will involve improving the process of producing high-quality goods efficiently using the most cost-effective methods and with the aim of reducing the impact of production on the environment.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
• HNC or higher qualification in a relevant engineering discipline or suitable depth of relevant
experience/time served apprentice
• Knowledge and application of lean manufacturing principles
• Experience of manipulating and viewing 3D CAD data to extract information
• Specification of tooling requirements
• Ability to interpret 2D drawings
• Good working knowledge of Failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA)
• Excellent knowledge of design for assembly/manufacture methodology
• Computer literate with a good working knowledge of MS applications and MRP system
• Experience of working within company and regulatory processes, standards and
• Excellent fault finding and problem solving skills with a continuous improvement mindset
• Ability to work under pressure with challenging timescales in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work with a minimal level of supervision and intervention
• Strong team player
• Confident, with the ability to work and liaise with a range of internal and external
• Good oral and written communication skills including presentation skills.
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
There is no regular travel required with this role.
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Gales Reino Unido
- Los mapas están disponibles bajo la licencia Open Database Licence.
- © OpenStreetMap contributors.
- © Safran