Descripción del puesto de trabajo
SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
The industrialisation department is responsible for the development and introduction of new and updated products into production on time, to cost and to a high quality standard.
As a manufacturing engineer, you will have a good knowledge and understanding of the new product introduction process and be working at an advanced beginner/competent level.
You will be responsible for projects of average complexity and will work closely with other functions of the business especially design engineering to ensure product designs meet manufacturing and assembly requirements.
You will also be required to provide periodic support to operations, sales, R & T and after market teams to deliver customer requests.
• Participate in design reviews throughout each phase of the new product introduction process and make improvement suggestions
• Evaluate new product designs using 3D CAD model and mock-ups and log issues. Co-ordinate design for assembly/manufacture reviews and give feedback with improvement suggestions.
• Ensure development mock-ups are built to schedule. Evaluate design, log issues and feedback to design engineers. Make improvement suggestions and validate solutions
• Conduct make vs buy analysis on new product designs and look for optimisation opportunities. Work with the purchasing and design departments to drive required changes
• Calculate production capacity requirements based on customers' demand and identify production tooling and space requirements.
• Estimate build times and required number of stations for new production processes. Carry out line balancing of operations
• Produce APQP & PPAP documentation - process flow, PFMEA, control plan, work instructions, MSA & capability studies
• Prepare and lead PFMEA reviews. Use the outcome to drive product and process improvements
• Perform validation and verification of product design to satisfy customers quality and performance expectations as stipulated by systems engineering requirements.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
B.Eng. in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Aerospace Engineering OR HND gained through an apprenticeship
Minimum of 2 years of experience in an aerospace or automotive manufacturing environment
Basic knowledge of design for manufacture and assembly principles
Basic knowledge of manufacturing processes
Interrogation of 3D CAD modelling software
Ability to interpret 2D drawings
Good organisational skills
Attention to detail
Able to work well within a team
Eager to learn
Good written and oral communication skills
Good problem solving skills
Ability to work with minimal supervision & intervention
Computer literate with good working knowledge of MS applications
Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Willing to travel to support company objectives
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Local and international travel may be required at times.
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Gales Reino Unido
- © Safran