Descripción del puesto de trabajo
SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
The purpose of the Head of Electrical Design is to lead the electrical design function to ensure integrated electrical design solutions from initial concept to fully engineered product.
• Responsible for the quality and on-time delivery of electrical designs across all projects.
• Ensuring the team has the right competency levels with recruitment, development of people and training.
• Prepare, review and approve electrical design documentation to submit for customer and regulatory approval.
• Work in collaboration with the programme team to ensure that products meet cost and weight targets.
• Work in collaboration with the Project teams to ensure successful and on-time delivery of projects.
• Responsible for the electrical design tools & processes.
• Responsible for the governance of electrical design tasks.
• Liaise with internal and external customers, suppliers, departments and regulatory bodies as required.
• Work to the group KPI's for Quality, Cost & Delivery.
• Support the business with initiatives to drive continuous improvement of department processes and manuals and in developing new capabilities and methods.
• Ensure the technical data, drawings and models are released within the timescales agreed for each of the running projects.
• Implement a ‘Right First Time' culture for the production of engineering drawings & models in each of the specialist areas. Continually interface with sales, manufacturing and operations to integrate feedback into improving and refining design solutions, particularly in relation to ‘design for manufacture'.
• Develop processes and systems to monitor and evaluate the performance of the design teams, highlight emerging issues and work closely with the teams to develop robust solutions.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
Qualified to a minimum of degree in a Electrical / Aerospace / Structural Engineering field. Alternatively a HNC/HND or an equivalent qualification in Electrical / Aerospace / Structural Engineering field, with extensive experience in Electrical systems design, developing concept and detailing engineering solutions.
Experienced in leading and developing others, managing workload and resources across multiple programmes concurrently, ideally within the Aerospace industry. Also experienced in developing a robust process to monitor team productivity on a regular basis.
Working to industry standards and codes
Experienced in reviewing electrical layouts to be compliant with requirements
Excellent organisational and planning skills with the ability to manage and meet deadlines.
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
There is no regular travel required with this role.
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Inglaterra Reino Unido
- © Safran