Descripción del puesto de trabajo
SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Looking to join a busy and vibrant Design team? We are looking for an Electrical Design Engineer to join our team; this role has become available due to growth after winning several exciting projects within our site.
Ideally you will have Electrical and Design experience in a regulated industry however if you have Design experience and are looking to learn Electrical we are very keen to train and develop the right candidate. We are extremely passionate about putting time into our people to get the best out of our employees, therefore training and career development is key. Below are some of our key responsibilities and skills we require to fulfil this position.
• 3D harness design, electrical schematics and block diagrams
• Responsible for the design and integration of electrical systems within aircraft seats to comply with company, regulatory and customer requirements
• Generating 2D/3D electrical installation and systems designs using CATIA V5 and PLM software.
• Participate in Design Reviews throughout each phase of the New Product Introduction process
• Design engineers will be expected to communicate effectively and professionally with customers, suppliers & OEM's
• Ensure the successful integration of each design element within the product as a whole
• Participate in the validation of the product (using such methods as prototyping, test, etc)
• Follow and contribute to the development of the Best Practice guidelines
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
Candidate skills & requirements Technical / Job Specific Competencies:
• Qualified to a minimum of a degree in an electrical engineering field. Alternatively a HNC / HND or an equivalent qualification
• It would be desirable for the successful candidate to demonstrate knowledge / experience of aircraft interior equipment and installation, as well as aircraft knowledge. However we are flexible on this and would look at other regulated industries
• The applicant should have an understanding of the effective application of tolerances and a working knowledge of manufacturing processes, as well as OEM installation requirements.
• It would be desirable to be experienced in working with Boeing and Airbus specifications for electrical equipment installation
• A working knowledge of the various methods of manufacture and test of electrical and electronic Components
• Ability to read design drawings/specifications
• Experience in new model introductions
• Fully versed in modern management techniques including FMEA, PFMEA, DFMA, concept generation and SPC.
• Good communicator liaising with customers/suppliers and team daily
• Supporting critical designs reviews and presenting designs to customers and suppliers and presenting detailed designs to management team
• You will be required to hold a full U.K. Driving License and Passport, as some UK and overseas travel may be required
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Gales Reino Unido
Safran es un grupo internacional de alta tecnología que opera en los sectores de la aeronáutica (propulsión, equipos e interiores), el espacio y la defensa. Su misión: contribuir de forma duradera a un mundo más seguro, en el que el transporte aéreo sea cada vez más respetuoso del medio ambiente, cómodo y accesible. Presente en todos los continentes, el Grupo emplea a 76 800 personas, con un volumen de negocios de 15 300 millones de euros en 2021. Ya sea por su cuenta como en colaboración con otras empresas, ocupa posiciones de liderazgo en sus mercados a nivel europeo y mundial. Safran está comprometido con los programas de investigación y desarrollo que preservan las prioridades ambientales de su hoja de ruta de innovación tecnológica.
La revista Forbes clasificó a Safran como el tercer mejor empleador del mundo en su sector en elH19 año 2021.
Safran Seats es uno de los líderes mundiales de los asientos de aviones, para tripulaciones y pasajeros. 1 millón de asientos fabricados por Safran Seats están actualmente en servicio en las flotas aéreas mundiales.
- © Safran