Descripción del puesto de trabajo
SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines. With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design. Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
The Compliance Lead is a part of Estates and Services at Safran. Estates and Services has a broad scope to deliver an effective and safe working environment for employees. The role holder will be responsible for the routine operational delivery of maintenance of assets (Planned, Reactive and Predictive) at Seats GB sites ensuring compliance with statutory regulations and business targets.
• Manage all Audits on the provision of Estates and Services including the attendance at Audits, production of action plans, satisfactory closure of recommendations from Audits and the production of reports as and when required.
• Maintain formal and informal communications with Safran Stakeholders related to service activity compliance.
• Have a thorough understanding of all of Safran obligations arising from UK legislations and all Services contracts.
• Management of the Quality and Performance Monitoring systems and to ensure contract and commercial compliance.
• Work with Technical Services Lead in planning and scheduling a fully compliant Planned Preventative Maintenance plan.
• Assist in the production of the Monthly KPI Reports against the agreed targets.
• Assist the Head of Estates and Services in preparation and delivery of the annual maintenance plans and lifecycle plans.
• Inspect, monitor and support management of technical library and compliance record library.
• Act as primary lead for designated Safran Standards ensuring Bronze – Gold certification.
• Identifying and logging issues reported by Estates and Services contractors.
• Risk assess issues reported by Estates and Services contractors, identifying mitigating actions required.
• Develop a procedure for recording any areas of non-compliance identified following the undertaking of maintenance works.
• Provide detailed schedules of works recommended to the Head of Estates and Services.
• Work with the Technical Services Lead to establish mitigation plans, monitor the providers progress to deliver the agreed actions, and provide a monthly report identifying risks/plan/progress.
• Ensure that the Risk Assessments are updated and those items requiring mitigation clearly identified.
• Develop an induction and monitoring procedure for all contractors to ensure that they comply with all procedures and policies including safe working procedures.
• Review and analyse technical data documenting the supplier's compliance position regarding Safran requirements.
• Provide reports that review supplier compliance information, identify areas of non-performance.
• Develop and implement an audit programme of contracts to ensure that suppliers and external parties are following the procedures.
• Ensure that all policies required to meet statutory guidance are in place; be responsible for developing and implementing any required policies.
• Ensure that all policies are regularly reviewed and updated to reflect any changes in regulations or guidance notes.
• Ensure that risks are recorded and monitored on the Estates and Services risk register.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
Compliance and Project Management Knowledge
(IOSH) Managing Safely
Legionella Control (L8)
Fire Safety Management
ISO 140001 Quality Management System
Exemplary Organisation Skills to drive high performance attitude and behaviours into the Hard Services team
Excellent Leadership skills to drive the supply chain forward to achieve new standards of compliance and service delivery
A ‘Can do' attitude with a willingness to develop and foster new skills to enable the Estates and Services team to achieve objectives
Clear and concise communication with an understanding of the need to keep stakeholders engaged for the duration of a project.
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
There is no long distance travel required for this role.
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Inglaterra Reino Unido
- © Safran