Descripción del puesto de trabajo
SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines. With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
The role of Build Technician is to provide technical support for the manufacturing engineering and production teams to establish excellent / world-class operational performance in Safety, Quality Assurance, Cost / Productivity, Delivery, People Development and Continuous Improvement business metrics.
Key Responsibilities & Duties;
• Support for all aspects of engineering and operational performance through active involvement in new product introduction & industrialisation, quality assurance, continuous improvement and direct employee development.
• Support manufacturing engineering to improve process and product quality assurance via QRQC, 8D TOPS and PFMEA processes. In addition, technical administration responsibilities for the ETQ / NCR process.
• Support manufacturing engineering in all NPI & industrialisation builds, providing accurate data on standard times, quality assurance, tooling and process documentation requirements such as SOP's, APVP's, DVP's and PQA's.
• Auditing and management of all tooling calibration requirements within respective value stream.
• Active participation in CI activities to reduce operational costs and improve overall business performance.
• Mentor, train and support the continual development of direct employee skill sets.
• Providing technical support to the operational teams to ensure that safe and efficient working practices are maintained on a daily basis within the manufacturing process environment.
Hours of work are double days, rotating weekly;
Monday to Thursday - 6.00am-2.30om / Friday - 6.00am-12.00pm midday
Monday to Thursday - 2.30pm-11.00pm / Friday - 12.00pm midday - 6.00pm
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
Knowledge of 3D models and 2D drawings
Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Technical manufacturing experience – time served apprentice or NVQ level 3 accredited.
Good communication / people skills
Self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative
As well as experienced Build Technicians within manufacturing, this role would suit a Technical Operator looking to move into an engineering position.
Do you want to join our team?
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to hear from you! Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
There is no regular travel required with this role
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Gales Reino Unido
- Los mapas están disponibles bajo la licencia Open Database Licence.
- © OpenStreetMap contributors.
- © Safran