Descripción del puesto de trabajo
We're a leader in the worldwide nacelle market for aircraft engines. Through our unrivalled technological expertise, we integrate nacelle components to optimise the performance of aircraft propulsion systems. We continually strive to make our products lighter, quieter, smarter and easier to maintain.
What will I be doing
- The role sees the engineer working within the Tooling Department in Safran Nacelles Burnley, specifically on Tooling projects and the organisation and specificatin of Tool repairs.
- The engineer is expected to be involved in defining the tooling requirements with the manufacturing engineers from both Structures and Components UAP, working through the design, manufacture, planning and delivery of all required tooling.
- The Tooling Engineer will be expected to write RFQ documents, meet with suppliers, receive quotes and raise purchase requisitions.
- The Tooling Engineer is expected to plan and monitor the progress of the tooling holding regular update meetings and reporting into the wider project teams.
- Design Reviews are required at PDR, CDR and FDR stages before launching tooling into manufacture.
- The Tooling Engineer may have to visit suppliers at appropriate points through manufacture and will perform pre-acceptance checks on tooling before receipt on Safran Nacelles site.
- Control of data is essential and as such the tooling engineer will operate within the SAP and PLM systems and will follow departmental and company process and procedures to ensure compliance to all necessary standards.
- The Tooling engineer will be based in the tooling Department at Safran Nacelles Burnley Site and will work with the existing Tooling Team and Tool room functions.
At Safran Nacelles, we oversee the design, development and manufacture of nacelles for a range of aircrafts. Our UK site in Burnley is also a worldwide centre of excellence for business jet nacelles, which have been designed and manufactured here for nearly 20 years.
Our employees are at the heart of our success, as we work together for our sustainable future.
There are four People Fundamentals that underpin life at Safran:
• We believe in and promote diversity and inclusion as key values across our business
• We develop our colleagues skills and build opportunities so you can shape our future
• We create a trustworthy work place to support you, as you dare to act and innovate
• We encourage collaboration and mutual support for you and your colleagues
As a valued member of our team, these are just a few of the benefits you'll receive:
• Half day Friday or no Fridays dependent on department
• 25 days holiday plus 8 UK Bank holidays with additional holidays for service after 10 years
• Up to 10% Employer Pension Contribution
• Annual Leave Purchase Scheme with up to one week additional leave available to purchase
• Corporate Gym Memberships at Crow Wood
• Access to our employee Wellbeing package
• Safran Share Purchase Scheme
• Capped Hot Meals at £3.00 at on-site canteen
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
What you need from me?
• Tool design and engineering experience is essential, specifically in the use of CATIA V5.
• Full or partial design of tooling is required within the role.
• Engineering Apprenticeship and/or robust experience within a tooling
• Core Microsoft Office Skills are essential.
• The Tooling Engineer must have good communication skills and be able to work well with other engineers and also within cross functional teams throughout the business.
• The Tooling Engineer must respect workplace safety and ensure tooling brought into the business complies with HSE and ergonomic standards set out for the site.
• Previous experience with SAP or other MRO systems is desired.
What's my next step?
Please apply by uploading a CV, and if your experience matches what we're looking for, one of our recruitment team will give you a call
Diversity & Inclusion
We want Safran Nacelles to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential.
We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran Nacelles an inclusive place to work.
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
The position is located at the Burnley site. Supplier visits form part of the job but is not frequent. In normal circumstances this is limited to UK suppliers but on occasion can involve trips outside the UK.
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
Bancroft Road, BB10 2RZ
Inglaterra Reino Unido