Descripción del puesto de trabajo
To plan, organise, execute testing, and write technical reports to support Development and Qualification tests performed on Safran products and systems.
- Ability to lead and coordinating test and development activities for SEP products,
- Ability to work alongside project team to deliver work on schedule and to the agreed standard
- Plan and priorities required test work, this might include managing workload of the small team
- Be ready to work off site at other Test Houses to setup and perform testing for Safran Electrical and Power products.
- Support maintenance and development of the current and future environmental and vibration testing capabilities within the department
- Work with the Lead Engineers, Validation and Verifications team within Engineering and Test and Facility Manager to define the testing package for qualification of Safran products
- Take product level requirements and translate them into a validation plan to demonstrate compliance. This may involve demonstrating individual requirements in isolation or multiple requirements by a defined means (Test, Analysis, Similarity, etc.).
- Plan the verification phase of a project, being able to identify human resources, equipment and facilities (onsite and offsite), and risk in conjunction with the V&V Engineer. Plans must be robust, meet project timescale and cost objectives.
- Performing Electrical, Mechanical, Environmental, development and qualification tests on Safran products using various pieces of test equipment available (high speed drives, Environmental Chambers, Vibration Test Rigs and other analogue and digital equipment)
- Setting up of mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, and the associated electrical wiring to specific impedances, and ability to fault find test equipment and test rigs.
- Perform data analysis of test results, assess trends to identify and help resolve product issues.
- Ability to use and program Data Acquisition systems (Dasy Lab, Dewesoft and LabView software)
- Writing of Technical documentation, including test procedures, Engineering Reports, Compliance Analysis, Equipment Specifications and Production Acceptance Test Specifications.
Identifying and removing waste from our processes, and proposing new and innovative approaches to drive up quality and reduce cost and lead times.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
- Degree in Engineering, or equivalent Engineering related qualification, with specialist knowledge in a relevant field of engineering.
- Extensive Development / certification knowledge and experience e.g. thorough understanding of all aspects of Development Engineering including Compliance Verification, Technical Risk, compilation of technical documentation, use of instrumentation.
- Experience in performing Development and Qualification testing using various different pieces of test equipment, including (but not limited to):
o High speed test rigs
o Environmental Chambers (e.g. Temperature, Altitude)
o Vibration tables
- Can take raw testing requirements and devise a solution (test, inspection, analysis etc.) that will be able to demonstrate compliance, including the detail of what the proposed solution will entail.
- Ability to produce technical documentation (Test Plans, Test Reports etc.)
- Good understanding of the Risk Assessment process, with the ability to perform and implement mitigating actions to minimise risk.
- Be able to anticipate potential issues and propose/implement strategies to avoid or mitigate them.
- Perform data analysis of test results, assess trends to identify and help resolve product issues (use of statistical analysis tools would be an advantage).
- Knowledge of 3 stage generators, 2 and 4 pole both fixed and variable frequency, and the operation of their respective control units. Experience of full aircraft electrical system would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of motors/smart motors and their operation in an electrical system.
- Can accurately estimate product, resource and equipment requirements to deliver the full program need.
- Experienced in Dewesoft & DasyLab, (use of LabView would be an advantage)
- Ability to work under pressure to meet program deadlines
- Good working knowledge of MS Software i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project.
• Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process.
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
- © Safran