Descripción del puesto de trabajo
• Leading a multidisciplinary team of up to 10 engineers (internal or subcontractors) across engineering disciplines as appropriate to the program to deliver customer expectations.
Example of projects: Product development project, System design and verification work-package.
• Responsible for the technical definition of the System / Product :
Ensure that the product is safe and fit for purpose.
Ensure that the product design maturity is in line with TRL process.
Ensure that all technical choices are supported by appropriate group (experts, peers, audit team)
Stakeholder Management of Customer, Divisional and Site Leaders critical
Ensure that the Product Life cycle documentation is produced and meets the process requirements
Oversee, check & verify & approve design calculations and technical proposals in the relevant project & discipline
Fully responsible for the technical integrity of products, systems and sub-systems on a programme/s
Lead relevant technical root cause analysis
• Project Management and reporting
Organise and lead the project in collaboration with Technical Project Manager or Programme Management
Provide accurate estimation of engineering tasks
Identify resourcing requirements and maintain the project plan in line with assigned resources
Ensure project deliverables are delivered to the agreed timescale
• Management of project spend up to £3m in accordance with budget
Management of sub-contracted work
Manage definition of Statements Of Work (SoWs) for sub-contract work
Track and support supplier progress
Review and approve supplier deliverables
Responsible for the approval of sub-contractor time-sheets within the project team
Ensure projects are delivered to financial targets for Engineering Non-Recurring Costs (NRC) and Recurring Costs (RC) by design
Manage task estimation and dependencies
Manage labour costs
Manage direct material costs
• Process Accountability
Ensure traceability and compliance with Airworthiness and customer (and/or internal) requirements
Delivery of projects according to Safran Product Introduction Process (requirements capture and traceability, design validation and verification, design reviews etc.)
Deliver definition of and adherence to project milestones, both external and internal
Support for operations; permits/concessions/PRs/Corrective actions etc.
• Ensure project considers Design to Industrialisation (D2I) and Design For Manufacture (DFM)
• Interfacing with other functions (e.g. Operations, Business Development, Supply Chain, Programmes, Quality etc.) in coordination with Technical Project Manager (if applicable)
• Provide ‘peer review' advice, mentoring and leadership of less experienced engineers to help them in engineering design decisions across all relevant projects
• Authoring, reviewing, and approving engineering documentation in the related discipline
• Definition of project and resource plans to meet programme milestones and budget
• Contribution to engineering budget (short & long term)
• Definition of, and adherence to, monthly Safran engineering KPI processes
• Delivering project(s) to budget and schedule
• Delivery of products to Safran process which are fit for purpose and compliant with requirements
• Provision of status reporting and updates to both internal/external stakeholders
• Facilitation of efficient inter and intra-team interactions
• Ensure Product / System configuration is managed and maintained (e.g. permits/concessions/PRs etc.)
• Manage risk and associated mitigation activities
• Compiling and collating documentation for Safety of Flight / Certification
Key performance measures:
• Technical performance and compliance.
• Compliance to budget and schedule
• Successful audits with customers and regulatory bodies
• Monthly engineering plan execution ( e.g. achievement of monthly milestone targets)
• Delivery of inputs to monthly Safran engineering KPI processes
• Meeting Design to Cost and Design for Manufacture engineering targets
• Internal/external stakeholders satisfaction
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
• A Degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience / combined education
• Experience of successfully leading and delivering a cross-functional package of work
• A record of producing excellent engineering solutions
• A sound understanding of a variety of design and development processes
• Ability to analyse and resolve complex safety critical problems by devising and negotiating creative and effective solutions
• Ability to generate and maintain performance metrics to measure the quality and delivery performance of the Project team, and use this performance information to further improve the performance of the team.
• Experience of the Verification & Validation (V&V) development cycle
• An understanding of product development process including the interfaces between engineering disciplines, and between Engineering and other teams such as Test Equipment, Operations, Business Development, etc.
• Supporting new business growth in promoting Safran capability to customers, in investigating possible opportunities and in preparation of responses to customer Requests for Proposal
• Planning & risk mitigation ability
• Delegation & supervision ability
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Excellent customer facing skills
• An understanding of product design and development costs (Non-Recurring Costs)
• Must be able to Lead people both onsite and offsite (in an international setting)
• Competent with IT software tools – MS Office etc.
• Comfortable with presenting to internal/external stakeholders
• Able to coach junior team members
• Must be organised and have excellent time & project management skills
• Must be self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
• An understanding of Airworthiness requirements & Certification processes
• Familiar with relevant engineering Software Tools
• Experience of working with Engineering service suppliers, e.g. defining Statements of Work and approving deliverables.
• Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process.
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Safran es un grupo internacional de alta tecnología que opera en los sectores de la aeronáutica (propulsión, equipos e interiores), el espacio y la defensa. Su misión: contribuir de forma duradera a un mundo más seguro, en el que el transporte aéreo sea cada vez más respetuoso del medio ambiente, cómodo y accesible. Presente en todos los continentes, el Grupo emplea a 76 800 personas, con un volumen de negocios de 15 300 millones de euros en 2021. Ya sea por su cuenta como en colaboración con otras empresas, ocupa posiciones de liderazgo en sus mercados a nivel europeo y mundial. Safran está comprometido con los programas de investigación y desarrollo que preservan las prioridades ambientales de su hoja de ruta de innovación tecnológica.
La revista Forbes clasificó a Safran como el tercer mejor empleador del mundo en su sector en el año 2021.
Safran Electrical & Power es uno de los líderes mundiales en sistemas eléctricos aeronáuticos. La empresa es un actor clave en el ámbito de la electrificación de equipos y de la propulsión eléctrica e híbrida. Cuenta con 11.500 empleados repartidos en trece países.
- © Safran