Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, and more!
The Chief Engineer, Modeling and Simulation is responsible for driving functional excellence, methodologies, and standards globally across the multi-site Modeling and Simulation domain for all divisions in Cabin.
The Chief is responsible for the technical leadership of all Modeling and Simulation to support design, engineering and production of Safran Cabin products. Additionally, the Chief provides professional and technical guidance across Cabin to ensure that effective engineering standard practices, processes, procedures and methodologies are developed, implemented and adhered to for analysis activities across all divisions. The Chief Engineer, Modeling and Simulation will work in conjunction with the Engineering Manager, Modeling and Simulation and the Chief Engineers, Stress – Europe and North America to drive standard practices and procedures for Stress Engineering and Modeling and Simulation across all divisions.
This position will report to the Director, Modeling and Simulation, Core Engineering for Cabin.
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us. We actively contribute to social inclusion and equal opportunity by integrating underserved communities and promoting diversity throughout our companies.
• Lead efforts to develop methodologies, processes and procedures specific to the modeling and simulation function to support continuous improvement, standardization and drive efficiencies across the development and certification process across Cabin
• Contribute to the resolution of technical issues (current and upcoming), and in-service issues
• Engage in technical reviews to reduce program risk associated with Stress/M&S responsibilities
• Be a technical resource for all departments, (Marketing, Contracts, Project Engineering, Manufacturing, etc.), offering specialist knowledge and guidance as required specific to analytical modeling and simulation
• Review and approve technical documents
• Advise on role of Stress and M&S on new product/feature/design concepts and designs (risk analyses, expert reviews on proposed designs, etc.)
• Support the growth of a more analytical culture across the business and drive proactive analysis into the engineering function
• Provide technical support and expertise to high priority or challenging issues, possibly even leading a domain team engaging in resolution
• Drive strategy to develop capability for Qualification/Certification/Substantiation by Analysis, including improving accuracy and confidence of analytical models, validation by testing, advanced techniques and engagement in driving materials property and allowables database
• Support development of metrics to drive efficiencies into Stress/M&S domain
• Support strategy
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
Education: Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent, in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering, or related technical field
Experience: Minimum 15 years engineering developing aircraft interior products and systems with exposure to Stress Certification process; 3 years formal technical leadership experience
• Aviation/Aerospace background and aircraft interior industry experience
• Experience working with the FAA, EASA and other Regulatory Agencies
• Deep technical knowledge within digital prototyping technology domain coupled with broad industry and market experience
• In-depth knowledge of analytical techniques in Structural linear and non-linear analysis, CFD, Vibration, Fatigue as well as vast knowledge of analytical software as applied to aerospace systems and component analysis
• In depth knowledge of the Aerospace verification and validation process. Has completed several development cycles of complex Products or Systems
• Identify design deficiencies and opportunities for improvement based on analysis, test observation and test results
• Working knowledge of accepted design practices and solutions in Aircraft Industry is preferred
• Ability to build effective working relationships, persuade and influence, and problem-solve complex issues
• Experience coaching and providing technical leadership to a team of engineers.
• Strong communication, time-management, and problem-solving skills
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• Masters or MBA desirable
• Multi-site experience preferred
• Proven ability to effectively interface with global aircraft interior customers (i.e. Commercial Aircraft OEMs)
• Working knowledge of Part 25 Regulations as they pertain to Aircraft Interiors and Materials
Description: Senior-level position within field
Safran es un grupo internacional de alta tecnología que opera en los campos de la aeronáutica (propulsión, equipamiento e interiores), espacio y defensa. Su misión: contribuir de forma duradera a un mundo más seguro, donde el transporte aéreo sea cada vez más respetuoso con el medio ambiente, más cómodo y más accesible. Establecido en todos los continentes, el Grupo emplea a 79.000 personas para una facturación de 16.5 mil millones de euros en 2020, y ocupa, solo o en asociación, posiciones de liderazgo mundial o europeo en sus mercados. Safran está comprometido con programas de investigación y desarrollo que preservan las prioridades ambientales de su hoja de ruta de innovación tecnológica. Safran ha sido posicionada como el mejor empleador a nivel mundial en su sector en el año 2020 por la revista Forbes. Safran Cabin es líder mundial en equipamiento interior para cabinas, sistemas de catering y equipos de carga.