Descripción del puesto de trabajo
As a Technical Publications Project Leader you will be responsible for the creation and update of the technical publications relating to the products in your portfolio, using the approved design data and in compliance with the applicable standards and processes.
In order to carry out your missions, you will interact with other SAO departments and repair facilities, Customers and Suppliers, and with the other functions within the our Product Support department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinate the update of existing technical publications in the portfolio such as Component Maintenance Manuals (CMM), Technical Orders (TO) for Military, Service Bulletins (SB), Service Information Letters (SIL), Aircraft Maintenance Manuals (AMM), provisioning data (e.g. T-Files), etc..
• Coordinate the creation of all applicable technical publications in ATA iSpec2200, S1000D, and Military and/or OEM's authoring specifications for the entry into service of new programs or systems in portfolio:
o Establish data exchange protocol with the customer
o Define the deliverables and project milestones
o Review the expected standards and reference materials
o Ensure communication with the customers and internal functions
• Follow through with status of ongoing technical publication creations and updates projects until completion.
• Work with project engineers, technical support engineers, program managers, and the sub-contract managers to ensure availability of all necessary information needed in preparation of the maintenance documents.
• Supervise and control the production of deliverables by suppliers:
o Lead the RFQ process
o Review and challenge subcontractor quotes
o Interface with the supplier point of contact throughout the production
o Review and rate the quality of suppliers deliverables
• Produce or modify deliverables internally when preferable due to schedule/cost/workload or other relevant constraints
• Coordinate and facilitate the review process of technical publications:
o Internal review with the relevant departments
o Shop verification when required
o Customer acceptance review
• Deliver the maintenance publications as per Customers' protocol.
• Provide assistance internally to the other Product Support functions to resolved documentation deficiencies noted during the usage of products.
• Participate in the continuous improvement efforts within the department: process and procedures, cross-functional projects, etc..
Candidates for positions with Safran Aerosystems Services Americas (SAU) must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status. SAU is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected] We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. SAU is an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled | Drug Free Workplace.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor's Degree from a recognized institution.
• Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace Engineering (preferred) from a recognized institution.
• 3-5 years of professional experience in technical publications related role.
• Background in Aircraft Maintenance and/or pneumatics is very helpful
• Must be a US person
c) Knowledge and Technical skills
• High level of proficiency in preparation of the technical data, product support data, logistic data, and technical publications documents.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering drawings, charts, wiring diagrams, schematics, and assembly/test procedures.
• Knowledge of the aerospace industry standards and specifications
• Experience in ATA e-commerce Spec 2200 and S1000D
• Excellent writing skills and experience with authoring in markup language
• Detailed knowledge of the desk top publishing software. Arbortex, FrameMaker, Microsoft Office Suits, etc.
• Experience with illustrating programs such as Corel Draw and Adobe Illustrator, Iso Draw, and CAD programs are a plus.
• Demonstrated ability in solving complex technical problems and possesses a strong ownership and drive to bring issues to closure.
• Ability to work unsupervised in a highly dynamic environment
d) Communication Skills
• Ability to prepare documents for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
• Ability to effectively present information to management, and/or top management.
• Ability to lead a technical meeting
e) Physical Demands
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Incumbent in this position must occasionally squat, crawl, climb, crouch, kneel, balance and push/pull and may be required to reach above shoulder level, must frequently bend/stoop. Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
• Average visual acuity is required; must be able to use video display terminal, and color acuity is required. This job requires better than average manual dexterity; while performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. Must be able to operate moving devises/tools and operate vehicles.
• Ability to travel to Customers/OEM or other Safran sites on short notice
f) Work Environment
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
1747 NJ-34 NJ 07727
Nueva Jersey Estados Unidos
- © Safran