Descripción del puesto de trabajo
The Program Manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with objectives set by company management and contractual commitments made to the customer. As such, the Program Manager is the owner of the business plan and has
financial authority for the program, in accordance with the associated delegations of responsibility.
The Program Managers :
- establishes the framework and conditions for smooth execution of the program;
- pass on the program objectives to the company's functional departments, within their delegated scope of responsibility;
- are responsible for managing the program team;
- manages all aspects of the program, including performance, cost, quality and lead-time aspects;
- ensure that information shared with the customer is consistent;
- interface with the customer to identify sales opportunities, develop action plans and grow the business.
1. Pilot development programs and sustaining programs
- Program Plan/Input and management (Task definitions, time frames and manpower requirements);
- Develop and drive program objectives regarding Quality, Cost, Schedule, Technical Performance and Customer Satisfaction;
- Analyze and address risks and opportunities of the program;
- Responsible for periodic program reviews (including Lessons Learned meetings) during the overall lifecycle;
- Monitor problem solving, drive root cause analysis and recovery plans definition when needed;
- Coordinate interactions between departments to ensure the delivery of production and aftermarket activities, on-time, at the right level of quantity and quality;
- Conduct and prioritize program changes;
- Continuously evaluates the business case and drives continuous improvement initiatives;
- Responsible for the contractual requirements and commercial performances.
2. Responsible for the bib/no bid phase (or management decision for an internal R&D project)
- With the sales or account manager, analyze the customer's needs and
expectations and develop the business case;
- Coordinate the development of the non-recurrent and recurrent cost targets in relation with internal teams, reviews for completeness and drives questions/improvements;
- Create the Program Management plan (deliverables, program schedule, stakeholders, …);
- Ensures completeness of the SOW compliance matrix;
- Coordinate activities to prepare the recurring costs, nonrecurring costs, schedule and proposal.
3. Drive interfaces with the customer during the overall life cycle of the program
- Drive the relationship between customer and the Integrated Program Team (IPT);
- Develop strong relationships with key customer personnel;
- Organize regular reviews with the customer;
- Communicate the voice of the customer within the organization;
4. Lead the Integrated Program Team (IPT)
- Lead the IPT to meet the program objectives;
- Management of direct reports, where required;
- Matrix reporting from other sub-departments representatives (Project Management, Engineering, Configuration Control, QA, Manufacturing,
Sales, Aftermarket interface, Supply Chain and Contract Management);
- Closely work with Export Controls and Trade Compliance to ensure process compliance and improvement;
- Coordination of cross-functional management team.
5. Drive program performance indicators, including;
- NRC, RC, Margins, On-Time to Gate Adherence, monthly development dashboards, Sustaining program dashboard;
- Develop future planning for assigned program;
- Any other reports requested.
6. Develop and implement action plans to grow the business
- Manage business partners and consultants;
- Propose strategic relationships to grow the business;
- Identify sales opportunities, develop, implement and follow-up on action plans to grow the business;
- Develop forecasts and opportunities lists for long term growth of the business.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
• BS, Technical Concentration
• Masters in Engineering Management a plus.
• 5+ years of product development, project management or program management support experience required.
• Good communicator, integrator and team player.
• Project Management: scheduling, project management tools, risks and opportunities management, problem solving.
• Leadership skills, communication abilities (oral and written), rigor, organizational skills, tenacity, ability to face pressure
• Ability to manage business partners and projects and initiatives across international time zones (~12hr)
• Experience establishing and building Domestic and International relationships with the ability to collaborate within and across organizational boundaries
• Ability to analyze, summarize information and communicate with management
• Technical knowledge: airworthiness (+ Safety Management System), engineering knowledge on products, financial and budget follow-up, industrial organization knowledge, aerospace knowledge
• Experience with contracts and contract negotiation, a strong plus
• Experience with US export control regulations, a strong plus
• Experience doing business in China, a strong plus.
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Travel required, estimated at less than 25%
Expected US and international travel, as required
Support customer visits, trade shows, etc
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
1747 NJ-34 NJ 07727
Nueva Jersey Estados Unidos
- © Safran