Descripción del puesto de trabajo
As a product support engineer, you will be responsible for providing technical support related to the operation and maintenance of Safran Aerosystems Evacuation (SEV, also known as Air Cruisers) products. In order to carry out your missions, you will interact with Safran Aerosystems Evacuation departments (Engineering, Quality, Repair, Airworthiness, Sustaining,…).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
For Safran Aerosystems Evacuation (evacuation and flotation systems) in-service:
• Answer customer's daily technical queries on products operation and maintenance
• Provide customer on-site technical support/services as required such as
o Troubleshooting on A/C or in shop
o Presentations for customers on products' performace in-service
• Drive in-service technical issues resolution in close liaison with Safran BU (Safran Aerosystems Evacuation):
o Investigate technical issues reported by customers with OEM engineering/quality
o Lead or participate in necessary product investigations
o Lead or participate in Root Cause Analysis
o Implement technical issue resolution with OEM engineering/quality (development of solutions and application in service)
• Report major incident/accident to OEM airworthiness contacts
• Provide training to customers with help of repair station or OEM staff as necessary
• Provide necessary technical support to other Safran Aerosystems Services business lines (Sales, Programs, Retrofits, Repair stations, …)
Candidates for positions with SAU must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This description has been designed to indicate the general nature & level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities & qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status. SAU is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical & mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected]. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. SAU is an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled | Drug Free Workplace.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor or Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering, or 5 to 10 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Engineering degree and/or experience preferable in mechanics or chemical, with emphasis on pneumatics.
• 5 years' experience in engineering or repair position related to commercial and/or general aviation is required: design engineering, or sustaining, or technical support, service engineering, training.
c) Knowledge and Technical skills
• Ability to work several issues in parallel
• Ability to work in team
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering drawings, specifications, charts, wiring diagrams, schematics, and assembly/test procedures.
• Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
• Demonstrated ability in solving complex technical problems and possesses a strong ownership and drive to bring issues to closure.
• Ability to work unsupervised in a highly dynamic environment
d) Communication Skills
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Ability to effectively present information to management, public groups, and/or top management.
• Ability to lead a technical meeting
• Ability to give technical presentations to customers
e) Physical Demands
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Incumbent in this position must occasionally squat, crawl, climb, crouch, kneel, balance and push/pull and may be required to reach above shoulder level, must frequently bend/stoop. Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
• Average visual acuity is required; must be able to use video display terminal, and color acuity is required. This job requires better than average manual dexterity; while performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. Must be able to operate moving devises/tools and operate vehicles.
• Ability to travel to customers/OEM or other Safran sites on short notice (US and abroad)
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Must be able to travel to customers/OEM or other Safran sites on short notice (US and abroad)
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
1747 NJ 34 NJ 07727
Nueva Jersey Estados Unidos