Descripción del puesto de trabajo
The Mechanical Design and Fabrication Specialist is responsible for designing and fabricating “proof of concept” prototypes to validate the functionality of new innovative ideas and concepts.
1. Utilize the paradigm deconstruction techniques to “think outside of the box”.
2. Apply the fail fast/fail cheap methodology to rapidly and inexpensively pursue innovation opportunities.
3. Complete data mining tasks and participate in “think tank” sessions on a recurring basis to generate breakthrough ideas and opportunities.
4. Collaborate with Safran engineers, research partners, industry partners, and university partners to generate breakthrough ideas and opportunities.
5. Design and fabricate “proof of concept” prototypes to validate the functionality of new innovative ideas and concepts.
6. Develop novel manufacturing methods, seaming methods, and equipment to manufacture inflatable safety equipment using next generation fabrics.
7. Develop novel manufacturing methods and equipment for manufacturing next generation products.
8. Take innovations from Technology Readiness Level 1 (idea) to Technology Readiness Level 4 (critical functions demonstrated).
9. Take innovations from Manufacturing Readiness Level 1 (idea) to Manufacturing Readiness Level 4 (capable to produce the technology in a laboratory environment).
10. Other duties as assigned.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
1. Must be fluent in English with the ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals related to materials and innovation.
2. Must be able to clearly and effectively present information to team members and management in English.
Must be able to perform mechanical design related calculations.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Solid Modeling Software.
Education and Experience
Must have a Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university, or technical equivalent, or at least three years of related design and fabrication experience.
1. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
2. Ability to analyze problems and identify the root cause.
3. Ability to make decisions based on facts.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Must be able to work independently with little direction.
2. Must be able to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
3. Must have the ability to deliver to plan and deadlines.
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Minimal travel to Safran facilities, suppliers, external partners, conferences, and workshops may be required.
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
1747 NJ-34 NJ 07727
Nueva Jersey Estados Unidos