Descripción del puesto de trabajo
The Human Resources Manager reports to the HR Director and is responsible for leading and coordinating the effort of the HR team in creating an appealing value proposition to help us maintain our position as an employer of choice.
The HR Manager directs and oversees all operations within the organization's Human Resources function by planning, developing, organizing, and evaluating the department and team activities.
• Champions a “ONE team” approach by promoting collaboration and mutual support between the HR team members, departments, and facilities.
• Creates strong synergies between the two US facilities, to ensure that both facilities follow the same processes, practices and procedures.
• Develops and implements organizational human resources policies, ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local legislation (including EEO, FMLA, and FLSA).
• Develops appropriate policies and programs for effective HR management. Included in this area but not limited only to the following would be programs for employee relations, affirmative action, sexual harassment, employee complaints, external education and career development.
• Ensures full functional and organizational compliance (documentation, document retention, reporting, etc.).
• Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items impact the attraction, motivation, development and retention of skilled workforce.
• Develops staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the corporation.
• Develops and manages compensation and benefits programs which are competitive in the aerospace industry and geographical area, while managing and protecting the short and long-range economic health of the organization.
• Develops human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs for the filling of the gaps. Areas of activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributors and leadership positions, training and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities, and general business development programs to enhance employee business acumen.
• Maintains knowledge of international HR policies, programs, and laws. Understand the differences between domestic and international policies and programs and coordinate the integration of all such programs.
• Provides technical advice and knowledge to others within the Human Resources function.
• Oversees and manages the budget and other financial measures of the HR function.
• Evaluates the Human Resource structure and team for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional growth opportunities.
• Contributes to strategic planning, direction, and goal setting for the departments/functions in collaboration with senior management.
• Provides consultative guidance and coaching to managers and employees on human resources-related matters, ensuring alignment with corporate policies, goals, and objectives.
• Recognizes liabilities and provides guidance and coaching to managers on risk mitigation.
• Proposes and manages projects to improve functional and organizational performance.
• Travels to all locations, vendors and training sessions when required.
• Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture.
• Regular, predictable attendance is required.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university applicable to position. 6+ years of progressive Human Resources experience and/or training required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Three years of management experience at a staff level necessary
• SHRM Certification – preferred
• Ability to run and analyze HR reports and data – advanced
• Strong knowledge of HRIS systems – advanced
• Leadership and customer focus – advanced
• PC and Microsoft Office – advanced
• Profound knowledge of Federal and State Labor Laws – expert
• Organizational skills, ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines – expert
• Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors – expert
• Ability to work in a cross-functional/international team environment – expert
• Ability to take initiative and lead projects from planning to execution – expert
• Interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills – expert
• Ability to build collaborative relationships – expert
Bilingual in English and French and/or English and Spanish - Preferred
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
• Travel required, estimated at less than 20%
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
1747 NJ 34 NJ 07727
Nueva Jersey Estados Unidos