Descripción del puesto de trabajo
• Provide Quality interface and expertise between the organization (Mainly Plant Quality) and its Suppliers to proactively assure that their needs and expectations are understood and satisfied. This includes the complaint management process (QNs) and the implementation of the corresponding corrective / preventive actions.
• Coordinate with the rest of the SPM/SQA organization relative to the collection and analysis of Supplier Quality data as well as provide Quality interface, expertise and support to the plant's suppliers and partners. This includes the preparation of reports of supplier performance used to give feedback to suppliers and to the organization.
• Analyze organizational quality metrics related to the Balanced Scorecard and perform periodic reviews to evaluate results and recommend action plans to close the gaps at an operational level.
• Execute the initiatives of the organization in the development, implementation and improvement of the appropriate Quality Management Systems throughout the operation, with all the documentation required.
• Provide expertise in Quality Assurance and process improvement tools and methods to targeted functions of the organization to support them in their continuous improvement activities.
• Able to Lead and/or participate in internal Quality System Audits for the organization and manage follow-up corrective action.
• Develop and analyze statistical data and product / process performance to recommend and implement improvements in targeted areas of the organization.
• Contribute in the design and implementation of quality assurance training programs and conduct training in quality-related topics throughout the organization.
• Provide support in the way of development and evaluation of process capability, process control plans, analysis of out-of-control conditions and process audits with the objective of improving process performance and capability.
• Develop, implement and audit of inspection and test plans, standards and acceptance criteria, and procedures / work instructions. Investigate and eliminate causes of quality problems and follow up on corrective actions.
• Participate in the Product Design process using the tools of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) from design concept through Production Readiness Review.
• Ensure supplier completion of the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), or similar system (i.e. Initial Sample Inspection Report, First Article Inspection, etc.), to assure that customer requirements are met in new or modified products and processes.
• Represent the quality function during Supplier selection process and maintain an up to date approved suppliers listing (ASL) including approval/removal of suppliers and periodic assessment.
• Ensure that SAFRAN requirements for suppliers are flowed down and followed for new developments, and reach agreement with all interested parties in case of non-compliance proposed by suppliers.
• Plan and implement appropriate monitoring actions with the suppliers including Quality Management System and Product/ Process audits.
• Manage supplier's system, process or product anomalies (RCCA, concessions and waivers) and decide whether or not approving supplier's waiver requests.
• Manage the Supplier FAIR process.
• Assist in other duties as assigned by Manager.
• Regular, predictable attendance is required.
• Must be willing to work overtime as necessary.
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
• Team oriented
• Process focused
• Open & honest communication
• Quality minded
• Ability to persevere and honor commitments
• Recognizes success
• Executes with urgency
• Customer focused in everything we do
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
• Bachelor's Degree in engineering, technical, or other related disciplines from an accredited institution.
• Three years manufacturing or quality experience with working knowledge of blueprint reading, statistical methods, problem solving, international quality standards, and continuous improvement tools.
• Aerospace experience of working with Quality Standards AS9100D / AS9102
• Effective written & verbal skills, and ability to communicate with different disciplines
• Ability to use quality and continuous improvement tools (Process FMEA, Risk analysis, Causal analysis, 8D, SPC etc.)
• Ability to propose detailed objectives and execute monitoring plans.
• Proficient in use of MS Office software and SAP
• Strong technical background in manufacturing, ideally aerospace or automotive
• Ability to use/ understand a variety of quality measurement equipment, Micrometer, Vernier's, Shadowgraph, CMM etc.
• Trained/ Qualified Auditor: AS9100
• ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), ASQ Certified Quality Auditor (CQA), ASQ Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE), Six Sigma Blackbelt.
Sitting 65% & Walking/Standing 35%
Travel up to 20% (but not limited)
Main work environment will be in an office setting. There will be multiple locations in which the individual may be traveling.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job posting does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
This position requires access to technologies and hardware subject to US national security based export control requirements. All applicants must be US Persons (8 USC 1324b(a)(3)), or otherwise authorized by the U.S. Government. No company sponsorship will be offered.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical and Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 941-751-7128. We will decide on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Safran es un grupo internacional de alta tecnología que opera en los sectores de la aeronáutica (propulsión, equipos e interiores), el espacio y la defensa. Su misión: contribuir de forma duradera a un mundo más seguro, en el que el transporte aéreo sea cada vez más respetuoso del medio ambiente, cómodo y accesible. Presente en todos los continentes, el Grupo emplea a 76 800 personas, con un volumen de negocios de 15 300 millones de euros en 2021. Ya sea por su cuenta como en colaboración con otras empresas, ocupa posiciones de liderazgo en sus mercados a nivel europeo y mundial. Safran está comprometido con los programas de investigación y desarrollo que preservan las prioridades ambientales de su hoja de ruta de innovación tecnológica.
La revista Forbes clasificó a Safran como el tercer mejor empleador del mundo en su sector en el año 2021.
Safran Electrical & Power es uno de los líderes mundiales en sistemas eléctricos aeronáuticos. La empresa es un actor clave en el ámbito de la electrificación de equipos y de la propulsión eléctrica e híbrida. Cuenta con 11.500 empleados repartidos en 13 países.
- © Safran