Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Location: Sarasota, FL
Duration: ~ 4 Months (Flexible)
The HSE Intern has the responsibility to assist the HSE Manager in maintaining the facility's health, safety, and environmental program. Safran's paid internship program allows students the opportunity to gain valuable and applicable work experience in a fast-paced and challenging environment. The HSE Manager will provide guidance as you gain professional hands-on experience. The internship is for the duration of the Fall Semester (August through December) with flexible start/end dates, and will consist of both major projects as well as daily HSE-related tasks.
1. Practice safe working techniques and re-enforce the safety policies, guidelines, and procedures as set out by the Company.
2. Work with the Senior Leadership Team, Team Leaders, Safran+ Leaders and Operations team to implement changes to the management system as necessary for the improvement of the HSE program.
3. Assist the HSE Manager in providing daily guidance and direction in HSE programs at the employee and supervisor level to ensure a common and effective approach.
4. Assist the HSE Manager with all HSE-related activities to ensure facility compliance to all local, state, and federal regulations.
• Develop, implement, execute, and manage strategies to prevent workplace injuries and environmental incidents;
• Complete detailed accident/incident investigations with root cause analyses, and develop corrective action plans through the use of industry-recognized cause analysis techniques (5-Why, 8-D, etc.);
• Maintain and update as needed standard operating procedures (SOPs) for all safe work practices and machinery; including lock-out / tag-out procedures;
• Audit line management and operations team to ensure company HSE policies are implemented and effective;
• Coordinate a 6S and/or LSS project with the 6SS and Lean Six Sigma Coordinator, and pertinent team members;
• Assist in building the company's chemical library in the chemical management system, and ensure up-to-date and GHS-compliant SDSs are deployed throughout the facility;
• Perform risk assessments and assist in the implementation of effective physical and/ or behavioral control measures; recognize and verify the effectiveness of in-place control measures;
• Interface with regulatory agencies (DOT, State/Local Regulators) as needed
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
1. Knowledge of environmental, health, and safety regulations
2. Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
3. Energetic performer who has the ability to motivate others and drive results.
4. Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
5. Innovative and creative team member who can assist in creation of safety activities on site.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Education: Candidate should have completed 2+ years of course work leading to a Bachelors or Masters degrees in Occupational Safety, Environmental Health, Industrial Hygiene, or related science.
• Some working knowledge of environmental, health, and safety (EHS) regulations and standards;
• Demonstrated communication and leadership skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Video editing capabilities through mac or other software (preferred).
Specific on-site projects include, but is not limited to the following:
Chemical management and hazard classification
Writing SOPs and Safety Programs
Waste Minimization Project
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job posting does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
This position requires access to technologies and hardware subject to US national security based export control requirements. All applicants must be US Persons (8 USC 1324b(a)(3)), or otherwise authorized by the U.S. Government. No company sponsorship will be offered.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical and Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 941-751-7128. We will decide on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Safran es un grupo internacional de alta tecnología que opera en los campos de la aeronáutica (propulsión, equipamiento e interiores), espacio y defensa. Su misión: contribuir de forma duradera a un mundo más seguro, donde el transporte aéreo sea cada vez más respetuoso con el medio ambiente, más cómodo y más accesible. Establecido en todos los continentes, el Grupo emplea a 79.000 personas para una facturación de 16.5 mil millones de euros en 2020, y ocupa, solo o en asociación, posiciones de liderazgo mundial o europeo en sus mercados. Safran está comprometido con programas de investigación y desarrollo que preservan las prioridades ambientales de su hoja de ruta de innovación tecnológica. Safran ha sido posicionada como el mejor empleador a nivel mundial en su sector en el año 2020 por la revista Forbes. Safran Electrical & Power es uno de los líderes mundiales en sistemas eléctricos aeronáuticos. La empresa es un actor clave en el ámbito de la electrificación de equipos y de la propulsión eléctrica e híbrida. Cuenta con 15.000 empleados repartidos en 13 países.