Descripción del puesto de trabajo
The Commodity Manager role is to manage assigned commodities within the scope of the Purchasing Process. The role will require individuals to be familiar with the complete range of sourcing activities. This includes the analysis of spend, the formulation of and implementation of commodity strategies, the negotiation of contracts and the ongoing management of strategic supplier relationships. Holders of these roles are the principal people accountable for the commercial nature of all relationships with Safran suppliers.
• Oversee and report progress for defined commodities within the scope of the Purchasing Process.
• Undertake spend analysis, market assessment of the commodity.
• Create and coordinate strategic breakthrough for assigned commodities portfolio to support business requirements.
• Identify and deliver opportunities for cost reduction, supplier panel reduction (Rationalization) and logistic conditions improvement.
• Coordinate requests for quotation (RFQ).
• Undertake negotiation and ensure appropriate flow-down.
• Negotiate and oversee cost models for suppliers.
• Select supplier by making recommendation using the Supplier Selection Committee process.
• Negotiate long-term agreement with Suppliers working with the internal legal team.
• Develop, maintain and manage suppliers' relationship.
• Ensure appropriate performance measure (QCD) of supply base and feedback of results.
• Support global / regional procurement initiatives and site-level initiatives for key supplier deliverables on cost, delivery and quality.
• Identify projects within the commodity for cost down projects, where a change in technology or design may dramatically reduce the procurement cost. (VA/VE (VALUE ADDED / VALUE ENGINEERING)
• Lead cross-functional projects and VA/VE initiatives and work the phases (Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitoring & Control and Project Closure. ) at a fast pace to guarantee the ROI of the project under the best timeline possible.
• Ensure that agreed sourcing targets for benefits are met in the commodity portfolio.
• Provide support to NPI teams as required in establishing program cost models and sourcing.
• Sitting 80% / Standing 15% / Walking 5%
• Supplier's visit can involve walking up to 50% of the day.
• Work in an open space environment and meeting room.
• Regular, predictable attendance is required.
• Must be willing to work overtime as necessary.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
Education and/or Experience :
• Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, or a related field.
• A minimum of 4 years' procurement/purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment including strategic responsibility for procurement is required and essential for this position.
• Experience of developing, implementing, and overseeing commodity strategies;
• Experience in Project Management;
• Experience in analyzing and negotiating complex supply agreements; and managing complex commercial relationships
• Supply Chain Commodity Management Experience
• Aerospace Manufacturing experience
• Self-starter, Communicator, Influencer
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to instill confidence in all stakeholder groups and manage complex commercial relationships
• SAP Procurement
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job posting does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
This position requires access to technologies and hardware subject to US national security based export control requirements. All applicants must be US Persons (8 USC 1324b(a)(3)), or otherwise authorized by the U.S. Government. No company sponsorship will be offered.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical and Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 941-751-7128. We will decide on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
• Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally (15-20%)
Ubica tu futuro lugar de trabajo
2250 Whitfield Ave 34243
Florida Estados Unidos
- Los mapas están disponibles bajo la licencia Open Database Licence.
- © OpenStreetMap contributors.
- © Safran