Descripción del puesto de trabajo
A glimpse at the job:
This role is located in our Denton, Texas facillity, within the North America headquarters for Safran Electrical & Power.
The Program Manager is responsible for managing the development of key program(s) throughout the entire program life cycle.
The Program Manager also has the expertise and the responsibility to organize, coordinate and monitor all elements of the program, with the support of all the departments in order to satisfy the contracting party or customer.
This role also provides internal direction, leadership and accountability for key program management efforts among and across all departmental lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establish the overall development program plan / schedule of new products or changes based on strategies and keep it up to date
• Work with Engineering, Operations, QA, and Sales to ensure that the planning activities and their progress are compatible with keeping program gate reviews on schedule.
• Maintain the profitability of the program and monitor regularly cost reduction plans.
• Monitor with the support of operations and QA schedule and quality conformance in line with customers' expectations
• Highlight areas needing improvement, and monitor the outcomes.
• Provide to the PMO and program team with weekly updates, at a minimum, of status vs. plan and vs. changes in customer status and expectations, including functional design, costs, scope, pricing, content, changes, delivery, documentation, and supplier performances.
• Ensure company policies and documentation required throughout the entire project life cycles have been following by the entire program stakeholders.
• Use tools, processes, and procedures developed to track the project vs. plan, including delivery, quality, cost, schedule, and resource levels
• Identifies and corrects systemic flaws and unacceptable performance.
• Review contractual requirements and identify areas needing special treatment to achieve them.
• Flag changes in internal processes to highlight the commitment and resources needed to sustain the customers' satisfaction.
• Suggest changes where mutually beneficial to the customer and us.
• Establish a clear understanding of the Statement of Work throughout both the customers' organization and our internal organization.
• Flag changes in the Statement of Work requiring contractual modifications.
• Participate in contractual negotiations in coordination with the Sales department and legal support (initial negotiation – RFP phase, and changes from internal and external parties)
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position requires access to technologies and hardware subject to US national security based on export control requirements. All applicants must be US Persons (8 USC 1324b(a)(3)), or otherwise authorized by the U.S. Government. No company sponsorship will be offered.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
Education and Experience -
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering
• 3+ years of experience in Team Management, or Sales and/or Engineering
• PMP certified preferred
Skills and Requirements -
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, engineering documentation, government regulations, qualification and testing reports, etc.
•Ability to write and present business reports, and business correspondence.
• Must have an advanced knowledge of basic math, algebra and geometry.
Experience – Technical Skills
• Expert decision making capabilities, based upon organizational functions, resource availability, process mapping, and cost effectiveness.
• Experience setting expectations, creating a plan, recruiting a team, and executing to the plan.
• Consistent track record of meeting or exceeding targets and commitments.
• Understanding of basic electrical and mechanical engineering principles, design processes, and documentation systems.
• Solid understanding of electrical cables, components, specifications, drawings, qualification, and testing.
• Solid understanding of Microsoft project.
• Problem solving, decision making, and quality minded
• Team oriented
• Verbal and written communication
• Customer service focus
• Process focused
• Execute with urgency and accuracy
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical Components USA Inc. must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Especificidad del puesto de trabajo
Moderate - up to 10%
Safran es un grupo internacional de alta tecnología que opera en los campos de la aeronáutica (propulsión, equipamiento e interiores), espacio y defensa. Su misión: contribuir de forma duradera a un mundo más seguro, donde el transporte aéreo sea cada vez más respetuoso con el medio ambiente, más cómodo y más accesible. Establecido en todos los continentes, el Grupo emplea a 79.000 personas para una facturación de 16.5 mil millones de euros en 2020, y ocupa, solo o en asociación, posiciones de liderazgo mundial o europeo en sus mercados. Safran está comprometido con programas de investigación y desarrollo que preservan las prioridades ambientales de su hoja de ruta de innovación tecnológica. Safran ha sido posicionada como el mejor empleador a nivel mundial en su sector en el año 2020 por la revista Forbes. Safran Electrical & Power es uno de los líderes mundiales en sistemas eléctricos aeronáuticos. La empresa es un actor clave en el ámbito de la electrificación de equipos y de la propulsión eléctrica e híbrida. Cuenta con 15.000 empleados repartidos en 13 países.