Descripción del puesto de trabajo
The Industrial Engineer 3 supports project management of Cabin industrialization deliverables on all new programs as part of the integrated program team. Responsible for high-level contribution and execution of effective industrialization of each new program. Provide Industrial Engineering expertise and coordination during the development of aircraft interior components. Responsible for determining most cost effective methods to create products. Focal for industrialization on each new program.
Summary of Duties:
1. Direct others, provide solutions to complex issues for Cabin industrialization deliverables on new programs as part of the integrated program team
2. Develop and execute Industrialization plans in accordance with Cabin standards and program goals
3. Create, update, and improve the production element of the industrial dossier, mainly Manufacturing Bill of Materials, Routers, Standardized work instructions (including operation's allocated time)
4. Provide substantial technical contribution to the Design and Manufacturing teams to develop optimal production processes for each product type
5. Provide feedback for complex issues to Design group for DFMA (design for manufacture and assembly) and propose alternative designs based on knowledge of DFMA.
6. Ensure execution of the plan for design, manufacture, and implementation of new tools or prototypes from the tooling engineering teams on the new program
7. Develop Cycle time and Takt Time standards for entire programs or production lines and plans to achieve them
8. Maintain industrialization metrics in line with Cabin standard KPI's and communicate performance on a regular basis
9. Analyze and manage industrial process and product risks during development for complx assignments requiring significant technical expertise
10. Champion and implement Lean principles - Black Belt Level or equivalent
11. Know, understand, and accurately apply regulatory requirements, customer specifications and company specifications for a site or production line
12. Manage machining, assembly lines, BOM creation, line layout concepts for a Cabin BU. Be proficient with most site manufacturing procedures
13. Apply advanced concepts relating to manufacturability to engineering drawing and models
14. In-depth knowledge of assembly line and composites manufacturing
15. Provide help, guidance, and training to lower level engineers as required
16. Perform all other duties as assigned
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
Education: Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related technical field.
Experience: Minimum 5 years related experience in highly regulated engineering design or production environment. with a minimum of 1 year of technical leadership experience
• Fluent with ERP systems
• Working knowledge of CATIA V5 & Smarteam
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Advanced knowledge of CATIA V5 & Smarteam
• Experience working at an aircraft or other aerospace OEM
• Deep knowledge of common materials and manufacturing processes used in the aerospace industry
• Proven ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and models at a system level
• Use of many LEAN tools
• Highly developed organization and communication skills
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally without oversight.
• Excellent communication, time-management, and problem-solving skills
• Strong knowledge of primary processes like CNC machining, Layup and Crush Core
• Green Belt Certified
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• Advanced Catia ability
• Composites Manufacturing
Safran Cabin is an “at-will” employer, which means that employment is at the mutual consent of both the employee and the employer, and may be terminated at will, for any reason, with or without cause at any time during your employment with the Company. No one other than the CEO of the Company can enter into an agreement of employment for a specified period of time or make any agreement or representation contrary to this policy. Further, any such agreement must be in writing and signed by the CEO of the Company.
Safran es un grupo internacional de alta tecnología que opera en los sectores de la aeronáutica (propulsión, equipos e interiores), el espacio y la defensa. Su misión: contribuir de forma duradera a un mundo más seguro, en el que el transporte aéreo sea cada vez más respetuoso del medio ambiente, cómodo y accesible. Presente en todos los continentes, el Grupo emplea a 76 800 personas, con un volumen de negocios de 15 300 millones de euros en 2021. Ya sea por su cuenta como en colaboración con otras empresas, ocupa posiciones de liderazgo en sus mercados a nivel europeo y mundial. Safran está comprometido con los programas de investigación y desarrollo que preservan las prioridades ambientales de su hoja de ruta de innovación tecnológica.
La revista Forbes clasificó a Safran como el tercer mejor empleador del mundo en su sector en el año 2021.
Safran Cabin es líder mundial en equipamiento interior para cabinas, sistemas de catering y equipos de carga.
- © Safran